TO KILL A MASTERMIND alt. title

Guest daTOAD

Guest daTOAD

does any one know the alternate title for TKAM? i remember reading it somewhere once, i belive its The 7 Invincibles or something. i know 7 is in the title.

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks

First time I heard that one.

All the old trade mags always referred to it as To Kill a Mastermind.

Guest sevenhooks

By the way, interesting to think that TKAM was never in Celestial's catalog, since I do recall seeing the film listed as being available from Celestial (as denoted by an *) on one of those filmographies included on a lot of the Shaw/Celestial dvds.

Guest daTOAD

Definetly read an alt. title for it and it defintely had 7 in the tilte. It was the first time i had heard of it. i was doing research on Sun Chung[dont remember exactly what i was looking for], and saw the title and wrote it down on a scrap piece of paper-which i cant find. im an old school collector/fan of these films ,but just recently discovered this alt. title. suprised no ones heard of this due to the popularity of the film.

Guest sevenhooks

And we all know how trustworthy imdb is.

Any other source?

A "working/tentative" title usually showed up in the trades (Southern Screen, HK Movie News, etc.).

For example: Masked Avengers was originally called "The Fork Syndicate" (which is NOT listed on imdb by the way).

I have a complete run of issues (both zines) covering the years 1977-1983.

All articles/features on TKAM (many of which I've scanned and posted here) refer to the film as To Kill a Mastermind - even during production.

Don't get me wrong.

I'm not denying that there was another title.

Just trying to verify the source.

Guest daTOAD

well when i first saw the alt. title it WAS NOT from imdb. as a matter of fact the title just recently appeared on imdb as i looked up the movie before on the site and it had no mention of the alt title. dont no if its a true alt. title or not ,but have no reason to doubt it.

Guest sevenhooks
well when i first saw the alt. title it WAS NOT from imdb.

Where did you first see the alt. title?

Guest daTOAD

as i stated from the begining, i cant remember. i was surfing all night looking for Gu Long stuff then it turned into looking for Sun Chung stuff. i do remember it was in a write up about Sun that mentiond the title. it didnt describe the movie or anything just the title along with titles of his other films.

The Chinese title of To kill a mastermind has the Chinese character for 7 in it, so, it wouldn't be surprising that the title 7 untouchables is an aka...

七煞 : the first character means 7...

Archived