WTF? Microsoft Net Passport? Virus?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

Is it just me or does anyone else keep getting a popup inviting you to get a Microsoft Net Passport whenever you click into the Shaw forum?

The popup asks for your e-mail and address so you can sign into an account. Everytime I enter a new page within this forum the bugger pops up. Anyone else?

Is this some sort of virus trigger or reall annoying advertising by ezboard? Can it be stopped (by me or KFF mods?) It's ruining my visits here (happened last night too).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Markgway

No offence... but glad it's not just me... lol

EDIT: Seriously it's @#%$ annoying. Someone make it STOP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Markgway

Still doing it... did it on the Classic Kung Fu forum.

Nobody else apart from us two?

I need an explaination.

Guest lacali

I got this microsoft pop up as well. It seemed that only this Shaw forum has it. Although I can just click to exit but can anyone stop this pop up please ????? I used IE.

Guest Markgway

It does it EVERY time I reach a new page. It pishes me off no end. Who's the admin here? I really don't approve of this "advertising".

Guest jmungus

2 more: screw IE.

surf with firefox or opera; they rule!!! (have no experiences w/ the browsers taeko is suggesting).

hmm. looks like i'll be using firefox for the forum.

Thanks for the heads up guys.

Mark-maybe try firefox.easy to get ,free,quick download.

yep, I'm getting this too. Annoying as hell, and I don't get this on any other website. I may be coming here less often.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

a dialog came up a week ago ''NET PASSPORT'' a popup blocker wont work on a dialog...

but im sure who ever put it there took it OFF by now and realised it could cause a lot of trouble...

...or something

NOT GOOD!

Guest Markgway

What surprises me is that no admin has come forward and made a comment.

Does this board run itself??

Seriously whomever is in charge needs to get this sorted out.

Guest 500Fan

Yeah, today was the first time it happened to me at this site. First thing to pop up was the Norton notice that a site was trying to access or add a cookie, which I rejected, then the Passport thing.

I would advise anyone coming here to use Firefox. Unfortunately our forum isn't always used for film discussion.

Although I don't really know anyone here personally, I do care enough about people's privacy on the net.

I had this problem (same pop-up, different sites). It only finally stopped when I thoroughly cleaned my computer of spyware. I use IExplorer, but never had the pop-up on any pages of this site!

Archived