Bastard Swordsman & Lady Assassin

Guest bigwulee

Guest bigwulee

I recently purchased these 2 movies and was blown away with the choreography does anybody know of similar movies like this? Any movies you recommend getting?Any good hand-to-hand movies like Magnificent Butcher or Return to the 36th Chamber? Please Advise

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks
I recently purchased these 2 movies and was blown away with the choreography does anybody know of similar movies like this? Any movies you recommend getting?

Check out Return of the Bastard Swordsman, Holy Flame of the Martial World, New Tales of the Flying Fox, Secret Service of the Imperial Court. Titles like those should be on par with the kind of Bastard Swordsman-style action you're looking for.

Any good hand-to-hand movies like Magnificent Butcher or Return to the 36th Chamber? Please Advise

From the same director of Bastard Swordsman, check out The Master (or 3 Evil Masters).

Great, fast and crisp hand-to-hand fighting with some good acrobatics as well.

Also check out Lion vs. Lion.

Although it's a non-Shaw, I just watched Jade Claw (Crystal Fist) for the 1,000th time the other day.

It's often hailed as one of the best "Drunken Master"/Jackie Chan rip offs from the late 70's.

I actually think it's better than Drunken Master.

Billy Chong is no joke.

And the Yuen Brothers are at the helm too.

On a similar note, Dance of the Drunk Mantis is even better.

Some of the best hand shapes you'll ever see (non Shaw).

Brigadier Chow

Also recommended is the Supreme Swordsman, if it ever comes out. Little Dragon Maiden also contains some of this kind of action.

Guest shaolin student

AMEN Brothers...Bastard Swordsman is one of the best sword movie that I have ever seen in my life. The action is so crisp...the wire action was done to perfection. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. Especially if you like sword movies. I also enjoyed Lady Assassin...I think the girl in the movie really knows her stuff.

Guest CLFNole

I thought Lady Assassin was way too undercracked to the point it had me laughing. I had some good people and I liked the story but the undercracking killed it for me.

Archived