Shatter (1974) - Shaw Brothers & Hammer Films Co-Production with Ti Lung

Guest Alvin George

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Alvin George

Does anybody around here particulary like it? Stuart Whitman and Peter Cushing are also in it.

Guest Markgway

Nah, it's pretty poor.

Stuart Whitman has the charisma of a doorknob, and the majestic Peter Cushing is wasted in a glorified cameo.

Worth it maybe to hear Ti Lung and Lily Li speak English.

Guest Chinatown Kid

You know teako maybe they should have called it Smashed instead of Shatter because Stewart definately looked to be in high spirits during the filming, at least he seemed to be enjoying himself! :P

Guest JustAFan

Yeah, I thought it suck'd, but Legend of the Seven Golden Vampires was a pretty good co-production. At least, I liked it.

Guest Markgway

Vampires was better... but I don't think Hammer was happy with either as the proposed third co-production never went ahead and at that time they were seriously winding down film productions.

Shaolin Patriot

Lily Li spends this whole movie offering Stuart Whitman drinks & backrubs. What a waste of a capabale actress. The Anchor Bay dvd is cool. I think they also put out the 7 Golden Vampires on a nice dvd with two versions of the film.

Lily Li spends this whole movie offering Stuart Whitman drinks & backrubs.

Oh how I wish I was Stuart Whitman.

I've had this one and didn't know it was the other hammer/shaw movie, have 7 golden vampires coming, I'll have to watch them both one night.

Real campy 70's fun. Stuart Whitman is a smart-mouthed bad ass in this one. Wore the same suit through out the whole film. He had me on the floor with his threats and what not. The theme song is a trip as well. Ti Lung used his real voice I believe?

Not to say anything bad about Ti Lung but sometimes it feels that he's never read a script he didn't like.

kungfusamurai
Ti Lung used his real voice I believe?

I think in both Shatter and 7 Golden Vampires, it's the Shaw people's real voices. They're a little more high-pitched than I imagined when I first saw these films, probably because the English dubbers usually voiced deep voices for the characters. Bolo's probably got the strangest sounding voice out of all the KF actors, considering how big and menacing he looks. :)

KFS

Hello,

Looking for German released Ti Lung's movie Shatter.

If anyone up for trade, pls PM me!

ShaOW!linDude

I would "Shatter" my tv screen out of disappointing boredom from the looks of that trailer.:tongue:

kungfusamurai

Mark, you'd really like it for the fight scenes. I'm sure you'd be a total fan once you watch this film. ;)

Here's the finale (some spoilers). Check out Lau Kar Wing fighting Ti Lung.

rI_nizpzs2U

KFS

Guest Markgway

Lol... Must be my British sense of humour.

I've seen Shatter (twice no less) .

My 'never heard of it' comment was an ironic response to someone who comes into a thread and asks if anyone has heard of a film that's already been talked about for two pages.

The facepalm was for the poster who took my remark literally despite the fact that I'd already posted about the film in this very thread.

Archived