The opening alley sequence of...

Guest peringaten

Guest peringaten

Men From The Monastery is the greatest Shaolin alley sequence ever set on film...?

For sheer verve, realism and just general style I believe it is unbeatable...

All your J.Kuo's, Jackie's and even later CC sequences (Shaolin Temple) don't compare for sheer visionary artistry... EDIT - considering the fun of those other examples perhaps panache or just goodness is a better descript for what I'm tring to say here...

Prove me wrong perhaps... or at least state a great Shaolin alley sequence that you think is up there or I may not have considered...

I love the alley myths. Hmmm... lovely alley myths...

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest WHITETIGERNY

I like the sequence too.

Set the pace for the rest of the movie.

Intense and forboding.

Guest kungfusamurai

Love the remastered version.

I found the inclusion of the original trailer cool. But there was unintentional humor in the english text on it, where the shaolin disciples are referred to as 'inmates'. Were they really prisoners of Shaolin? :)

KFS

Guest goliamoto

I liked this sequence too. But then until the minute 50 more or less it's the same as Shaolin Avengers and I really got bored. After minute 50 the movie improves quite much and it ends with this amazing, bloody and violent fight on par with the end fight in Heroes Two. I would say that it's even better than the end of Heroes Two.

Good movie but I prefer Shaolin Avengers (better fights and better villains).

Guest Iron Boat

I think it pics up at the Hung story, because thats when the movie finally differs from Shaolin Avengers.

Guest CLFNole

Yeah aside from the ending where more of the Shaolin hero characters are involved in the fight and the fact Hung Hei Kwun is in the movie too much is exactly like Shaolin Avengers. I also remember the kung fu in this being more stiff than other movies for some reason.

Archived