Five Element Ninjas - Up For Preorder Already

Guest Shaolin Patriot

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

YAHHOOOO!!!!! Pre-ordered my copy, thanks for letting us know! It's gonna be a nice September......

Guest BKarza

That's being way too horny don't cha think? It's friggin' June. Besides it's not going to sell out. DDDhouse and CD-Wow will do much, much better price wise as well as not being booters.

Guest oldeschool17

masked avengers sold out before it was even officially released on hkflix, so for us that use that site, this is a good heads up. I cant speak for dddhouse and most certainly wont use cdnow(given with its recent lack of customer service). Thanks for the heads up!

bubbabgone

It's clever of HKFlix to realize this is going to be a big item so they want to get as many customers as possible in their pipeline as soon as possible.

The thing is, they're not going to ship it before anyone else (except maybe CDWOW :b ).

Everyone knows how popular it's going to be and that includes Celestial, so I wouldn't expect it to be out of print too soon.

I'll wait also.

BTW, I'm not giving up on CDWOW yet.

Guest monk sante
That's being way too horny don't cha think? It's friggin' June. Besides it's not going to sell out. DDDhouse and CD-Wow will do much, much better price wise as well as not being booters.

I agree................I will wait for DDDhouse to pre-release at $9.00 Thank you!8)

Guest Chinatown Kid

Maybe I am jumping the gun but I just like the comfort of knowing I have a copy reserved. ;) If they put Kid from Kwangtung up for early pre-order I'll do the same as well, that's one of my most eagerly anticipated releases too! :P

i believe i will wait as well. might as well wait for the dragondynasty english versions--no point in buying them twice.

i have no actual sources BUT STILL logic dictates that certain tittles should be on DDs list. i,m led to believe that QT handpicked most of the tittles from celestial and from his own private collection-and i,m also led to beieve that SUPER NINJAS and KID WITH THE GOLDEN ARMS are among his favourites--so they should show up. we,ll just have to wait and see. OR we could ask LINN for some input. thanks.

Guest oldeschool17

You cant go by that logic though. You have to know what the Weinstein Company had acquired. This is an incomplete list that was composed by erroneous monk off asian dvd guide forum of what the Weinstein's own:

13 BELOVED (13)

36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN

AVENGING EAGLE

A BETTER TOMORROW (Anchor Bay apparently lost this title)

A BETTER TOMORROW II (see above)

BORN TO FIGHT

BULLET IN THE HEAD

THE CITY OF VIOLENCE

A CHINESE ODYSSEY: CINDERELLA

A CHINESE ODYSSEY: PANDORA'S BOX

COME DRINK WITH ME

CRIME STORY

CRIPPLED AVENGERS

DIRTY HO (I expect a title change here - remember the problems with LAPUTA? I can't picture Wal-Mart stocking DIRTY HO.)

DRAGON FROM RUSSIA

DRAGON HEAT (once again, this is not a typo, it's the notorious Eric Kot movie)

DRAGON SQUAD

DRAGON TIGER GATE

DRUNKEN MONKEY

EIGHT DIAGRAM POLE FIGHTER

EXECUTIONERS FROM SHAOLIN

FIST OF LEGEND

FIVE DEADLY VENOMS

FIVE SHAOLIN MASTERS

THE FLYING GUILLOTINE

FULL ALERT

GOD OF COOKERY

HAPKIDO

HARD-BOILED

HEROES OF THE EAST (SHAOLIN CHALLENGES NINJA)

INFERNAL AFFAIRS II

INFERNAL AFFAIRS III

THE KILLER

KING BOXER (FIVE FINGERS OF DEATH)

KING OF COMEDY (Uncut? In the United States? It simply ain't gonna happen with this one. )

LOVE ASIA (not actually a movie, this is a "sexy models" type of thing featuring Maggie Q)

MAD MONKEY KUNG FU

MARTIAL ARTS OF SHAOLIN

THE MASTER (the Jet Li movie previously relased by Dimension)

MILLIONAIRES EXPRESS

MY BLUEBERRY NIGHTS

MY YOUNG AUNTIE

NIGHTMARE DETECTIVE (all US/UK/AU rights)

NO MERCY FOR THE RUDE

THE ONE ARMED SWORDSMAN

ONG BAK II

POLICE STORY (released, uncut)

POLICE STORY II

PTU (Palm Pictures had this for a very short period of time)

RETURN TO THE 36TH CHAMBER OF SHAOLIN

RIGHTING WRONGS

ROYAL TRAMP

ROYAL TRAMP II

SEVEN SWORDS (released, uncut)

SHANGHAI, SHANGHAI

SHAOLIN WOODEN MEN

SKINNY TIGER, FATTY DRAGON

SNAKE AND CRANE ARTS OF SHAOLIN

SPL (released as KILLZONE, uncut)

THE TAI CHI MASTER

TOM YUM GOONG (released as THE PROTECTOR , contains both the THE PROTECTOR cut and the original version)

THE VICTIM (I assume the Ringo Lam film)

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Yes, HKFlix will sell out with their first inventory. That's why they are advertising it so early. They'll be able to gauge a second inventory with sales from the first. It's always better to reserve a copy in advance, then last minute. You won't get billed until it ships anyway. I've purchased all of my IVL titles through HKFlix. One thing I've found out is that when you order last minute (on street date or later), chances are the item will already be on backorder and you'll wait at least a month more for a restock. It may be the same for DDDHouse, Yes Asia, CD Wow too.

i for one believe SUPER NINJAS --GOLDEN ARM--and DELIGHTFUL FOREST are coming from DD. call it a hunch.

Guest Shaolin Patriot

I believe Linn confirmed in an earlier post that Golden Arm is NOT being released through DD.

Guest oldeschool17
i for one believe SUPER NINJAS --GOLDEN ARM--and DELIGHTFUL FOREST are coming from DD. call it a hunch.

Unless theres proof that dragon dynasty has acquired these titles, or even Life Gamble(in which you mentioned in another thread), i dont see them being released(for dragon dynasty).

Archived