Has anyone received Shaolin Abbot from CD-WOW?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

I got pretty much the same e-mail.

I checked my order status using the order numbers and it's the same as before.

All are either pre-release or pending dispatch.

I hope we start seeing some movement within the coming days.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bubbabgone
Still nothing...........

Same here.

I inquired yesterday and as expected I got the same kind of form email they've been sending out.

Mine was from Keith.

I always wondered about some of these web stores.

Like are they some guy's basement with discs stacked up on makeshift shelves or do they get 'em in and ship 'em out so they don't need storage or what.

Anyone have any idea about CDWOW?

The US address has a PO box.

Guest Markgway

They did suggest about a week so I'll give them that.

If there's nothing by Saturday morning I'll mail them again.

Guest Live Wire

The order status of my copy of Masked Avengers changed to "delivered" on Saturday. Hope I will receive it soon.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Mine still says "pre-ordered". Looks like its back to good ol' dddhouse for the rest of my Celestials. Never had any issues with them and shipping was a bit faster as well. Only saved a buck or two with cd-wow anyway. Their total lack of customer consideration/service has lost my buisness.

Guest Kwok Choi

Well I emailed this thread as a link to CD WOW! last Saturday without making any comments or inquires.I just wrote : please click on the link below for dispatch of one of the most eagerly awaited Shaw Brothers movie.I got the reply below this morning;here goes verbatim:

Hello,

Thank you for placing your order with us here at CD WOW!

We are writing to you regarding your order for:Rocky Balboa Region 2

We are currently awaiting stock of this title and hope to be able to dispatch this item to you on the 11/06/2007.

As soon as this item is dispatched we will send you an e-mail message confirming shipment.

From the date of dispatch,would you kindly allow up to 7 working days for delivery within the UK.

Please also rest assured that the delay to this item will not affect any other items that you may have ordered from us.

We will notify you immediately if there are any further updates with regards to this title.

We hope you will accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience this delay may have caused.

Thank you for shopping with CD WOW!

Kind regards

CD WOW! Customer Service

www.cd-wow.com/myorders.php

Thats it;but it seems there is more to it than meets the eye.The 6th sentence looks promising but something is definitely not right.

Guest goliamoto

They sent me this emails this morning, it seems they have had serious problems. They sent me a voucher to compensate the waiting:

Dear Member

We would like to thank you warmly for your continued support after a difficult week. Sadly there was a serious fire above our warehouse last week. If you wish to read more please visit:

www.thestandard.com.hk/

We are pleased to say everything is now back up and running as usual.

So with you being a loyal member person, we want to reward thee with a cheer-worthy £1.00 voucher! Spend at your leisure as you save on Chart CDs, DVDs & Games.

Many thanks,

CD WOW!

Guest Dahnamics
We are currently awaiting stock of this title and hope to be able to dispatch this item to you on the 11/06/2007

LMAOOOOOOOOOOOO

wow....

bubbabgone
If you wish to read more please visit:

www.thestandard.com.hk/

I couldn't find anything there.

I guess I can wait 6 days like it says in the email.

Let's see when they'll be able to list the newest batch, though.

Guest Kwok Choi

Dahnamics when writing the date in the UK,generally the day comes first then the month and then the year so this should be 11th June 2007.I'm not sure but I think America puts the month first (like the dates on this board) so it might look like CD WOW! was indicating that the dvd will be sent on the 6th November 2007 which is absolutely ridiculous if thats their intention:D

Guest Dahnamics

hahah, yeh i thought about that after i posted. even still the 11th is pretty sh!tty in it's own right. good luck with all our movies!my masked avengers is now listed as "despatched"

Guest sikmao

Well, it looks like they finally got back on their feet & got the ball rolling!!! thank goodness for that!! considering that it's been YEARS since i've seen "good quality" versions of these flicks, it cracks me up just how worked up i can get, knowing that it's out there, while i still don't have it yet!!:lol

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Got my dispatched notification as well. And I did'nt see the latest Celestial batch up there..? I already ordered from dddhouse, but I wonder why they dont have em.

Guest fabhui

Mine arrived today too! Looks like a double bill of Shaolin Abbot followed by Masked Avengers this Friday night!8)

Guest drunkenmantis13

Mine shipped too, so i really hope to get them tomorrow so i can at least watch MA this weekend...

bubbabgone
got my stuff today (US customer)

Did NOT get my stuff today (US customer) but I only got the dispatch notices 2 days ago.

Still counting on them going forward but they're late posting the 6/7 batch.

bubbabgone

Just got them today.

They're on the VISA bill I got yesterday.

I don't like that kind of business practice..

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Happy birthday to me, I got Masked Avengers in the mail today (seriously, its actually my b-day)!!

Archived