Has anyone received Shaolin Abbot from CD-WOW?

Guest Markgway

Guest Markgway

I pre-ordered this over a week ago and it was due for despatch on the 22nd but I've had no DVD or dispatch e-mail which is very unusual. It's the 29th and I'm wondering whether to mail CD-Wow and ask if there's been a delay or there's a problem with my order? Again, if there's a delay they usually send an update mail. First time this has happened...

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
bubbabgone

I ordered it from them on 5/15, which is really early for them to have a preorder up.

No dispatch notice yet.

I've found they don't always send the dispatch emails.

In fact, they kind of have sloppy patches in their operation.

However, when ordering from here in the USA on their promo link they can't be beat so as long as they don't eat my money I'll shut up.

Guest Dahnamics

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and sorry for the delay in dispatching this

item.

Unfortunately, we have experienced a slight delay in receiving this

product

from our suppliers and we are currently awaiting confirmation of when

the

goods will be available for dispatch.

As soon as we have this information, we will let you know by email.

We have been experiencing a few technical difficulties that are

currently

affecting a small proportion of our customers; although I can assure

you

that our IT department is working intently in order to rectify them as

quickly as possible.

To view your order details, simply visit the CD WOW! website and follow

these instructions:

Click on MY ORDERS www.cd-wow.com/myorders.php

In the Non-members area, enter your relevant order number and your mail

address and click on SEARCH NOW.

If your details have been entered correctly both at ordering and order

tracking stage, your order should appear with the current status.

We hope this information is of help and should you require any further

assistance, please feel free to contact us.

Kind Regards,

Christine

CD WOW! Customer Services

Guest Markgway

Thanks, guys.

They should have sent us e-mails without being prompted.

A couple of days I don't mind... but a week is too long without word.

I can't access MY ORDERS so I guess that's the glitch they're talking about.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

It damn annoying. I cant access my order status either. In fact, it says I have no current or past order history. >:

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

I got mine along with Masked Avengers yesterday. Haven't watched either yet.

bubbabgone
It damn annoying. I cant access my order status either. In fact, it says I have no current or past order history.

I haven't been able to get an order status from them in months. I don't even try anymore.

I got mine along with Masked Avengers yesterday. Haven't watched either yet.

Are you in the UK?

Guest fabhui

Ordered Masked Avengers and Shaolin Abbot from cdwow the day they appeared on their website and I'm still waiting.:(

Guest drunkenmantis13

Same here. Still waiting for both Masked Avengers and Shaolin Abbot. No e-mails at all, even for the order. So i don't know my order # and can't do anything. I again contacted them about this and go no useful answer. Just gotta wait i guess...

Guest Dahnamics

dont be alarmed if ur order status doesnt work.. lol i emailed them and they prolly just changed MINE. lol the order status is "PREORDER" anyway.. fuggin bastids..

Guest Markgway

I ordered another three titles a couple of hours ago and haven't received any confirmations yet. Will check back tomorrow. Hopefully they'll be waiting in my inbox. Still can't access "my orders" and the site is running a bit slow. I hope they get their @#%$ together asap.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Finally able to check status under non-member orders (been a member for years). Mine just says "Pre-ordered" as well.

OK, I'm not familiar with this movie, but when I saw it was '79, with DC as a monk and Lo Lieh as Pai Mei, I odered it.

Would anyone who's seen it care to give a brief summary/review? Thanks in advance.

Guest Markgway

Was also able to get into My Orders.

SHAOLIN ABBOT is listed as Pre-Order which is obviously not true if some customers have gotten their's already. I don't like this limbo.

The other three (all catalogue titles) are Pending Dispatch. So hopefully they will be sent within the next 48 hrs. I never received confirmation e-mails for any of them, which is another first.

No more orders from me until these pop thru the letterbox.

Guest Dashiell

This is really funny (not in a ha ha way), but I thought it was just me who was still waiting for my Shaolin Abbot and Masked Avengers order to ship. I too got the email posted above from them when I inquired about it.

I've had 2 other orders placed on the same day from them ship, so I don't think it has anything to do with their legal troubles.

Guest Markgway

My Orders is down again!

Still no confirmation or dispatch e-mails for FOUR titles.

If there's nothing doing tomorrow I'm gonna e-mail them and ask what the fork is going on??

Guest Kwok Choi

Mark something seems really amiss with CD WOW! UK because I ordered Masked Avengers,Shaolin Abbot,Opium And The Kung Fu Master,Rocky Balboa and Blood Diamonds a week ago.

Ok I know Blood Diamonds is advertised as pre-release coming out by mid-June and I can understand the first 2 Celestial movies being delayed but there should be no excuse for Opium And The Kung Fu Master (in stock) and Rocky Balboa.The former released a while ago and the latter has been out everywhere about 2 weeks now even across the road (I work in the heart of the West End in London,The Cinema Store,Fopp,3 Hmv Stores and 2 Virgin Megastores are just spitting distance away) though pricier.CD WOW! has always been super-efficient even up till the last 3 weeks but this is quite unusual therefore read between the lines.Though I believe we will definitely receive our dvds CD WOW! seems to be hiding crucial info from their customers at the moment;this is my opinion.

Guest Markgway

Just checked my inbox. Nothing

Just checked 'My Orders'. Unavailable.

I'm going to e-mail them now.

Guest sikmao

...as well, telling them that it had been 10 days since i placed my order. & i wanted to know what was up! this was the response i got:

"Hello

Thank you for your e-mail regarding your order

Unfortunately, and due to circumstances beyond our control, we have

been

unable to ship any orders out from our warehouse for the last few days.

However I am happy to report that operations are now underway again,

and we

will be doing everything in our power to ship all outstanding orders

over

the coming days.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the inconvenience and

disappointment that this will invariably cause, and we appreciate your

patience and understanding."

i received this email this past weds. & still, like Markgway, i got nuthin'!!! it's getting rather frustrating, especially cuz it's MASKED AVENGERS that they're withholding!!! don't these f**ls know that we GOTTA HAVE our medicine?!?! freak of the friggin' week!

if i didn't care about the "principle" of it all, ( & if i wasn't so cheap! ), i'd just order it from DDDhouse! yet, it'll propably get here soon! a real "test" of patience, i tell ya!!!

;)

Archived