Hero (1997) question...

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Anybody here know if the the new IVL/Celestial release of Corey Yuen's "Hero" is UNCUT? The info I dug up states the old HK Universe disc runs 97min, the UK disc runs 99min, and the Celestial runs only 88min!!??

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Brigadier Chow

Celestials print definitely appears cut, certain action scenes end abruptly, and like Linn said I don't think there is a legit uncut print, unless the Taiwanese one is indeed uncut.

Guest fabhui

Just had a quick scan of the celestial disc and it does clock in at around the 88 minute mark.

I'd never seen it before and thoroughly enjoyed it. Looks like I might have to track down the UK disc of this one too!

Oh, does anyone have any idea what is cut from the Celestial release??

Guest Markgway

The UK version runs 93:40 PAL and that's nearly uncut so taking into account around 4-5 mins of frame cuts it's just possible that Celestial have the same basic version.

Guest BKarza

Can't speak on the dvds just the movie. Saw the Taiwanese tape(full version) and the HK theater version(cut).

The Taiwanese version had a quartering, many body explosions and bamboo impalings. They were cut with the smoothness of sandpaper from the HK version. If your dvd is missing those things, it's cut.

Guest fabhui
The Taiwanese version had a quartering, many body explosions and bamboo impalings

I'm 99% sure all of those are in the Celestial release..I'll have to have another check just to be certain.

Archived