Secret Service of the Imperial Court

Guest rindge

The Silver Fox

Thanks for the heads up. Yeah, I checked HKFlix before and I thought about ordering it-but I don't want to get stuck waiting for weeks and then get a message that their supplier doesn't have it. I guess if I can't find it on DVD I'll just get the VCD from DDDHouse.

The Silver Fox

I decided to just get the VCD from DDDHouse. I found it on DVD from The ThaiMegamart but the shipping was outrageous-like 19.95.I had a few DVDs in my cart, so I figured I'd just get Secret Service-the shipping was still 19.95 for 1 DVD! No wonder they don't disclose their shipping costs upfront.

The Silver Fox

Perhaps I didn't make myself clear. I didn't buy anything from The Thai Megamart. I got to the checkout and when I saw the total cost with shipping, I didn't follow through with it. I then proceeded to good old DDDHouse and made my purchase.

The Silver Fox

Unfortunately,Ethaicd has it listed as OOP as well.

My quest to attain this increasingly rare title has taken an unsuspected turn. Johnny from DDDHouse has informed me that the VCD is now out of stock/out of print and they will not be getting any more.

It seems this movie and actually alot of other IVL titles are going the way of the Dodo.

I found another place, PlayAsia that has the VCD in stock so I ordered it from there. It seems like their on top of what's in stock and what's not so I'm really hoping they can help me.

The Silver Fox

The saga continues...PlayAsia cancelled my order,they can't locate a copy.

Thankfully YesAsia came through. I should have went with them earlier. They always deliver fast and item is packaged very carefully. I received my copy of Secret Service of the Imperial Court today. Cool

The Silver Fox

I thought it rocked. I've watched it 2-3 times already. I'm really glad I took the effort to track it down. 'Secret Service' embodies all the elements of a kung fu/wuxia classic and I feel the undercranking enhances the frantic nature of the story.

Skepparkrans

I found this old thread while searching for info about Secret Service of the Imperial Court..

I have been searching everywhere for it on dvd but it seems to be OOP :cry:

Does anyone knows if its gonna be released in the US?

Its a shame so many movies goes OOP, hope IVL will re-release or that other companies will continue to make the Shaw library available.

Blood Sword
I found this old thread while searching for info about Secret Service of the Imperial Court..

Its a shame so many movies goes OOP, hope IVL will re-release or that other companies will continue to make the Shaw library available.

If you really need IVL original maybe we can fork out something...

Guest WuxiaFan

The IVL DVD is still available new here:

http://shaw.intercontinental.com.hk/en/Details.asp?hLight=others&hType=DVD_VCD&hKeyID=MS-4250

:smile:

Skepparkrans

Wow thanks,

But do you have any experiance ordering from shaw intercontinental?

Its seems they have many items that are listed as oop on other stores,

Do they actualy update their site?

seems to good to be true...

Edit:

Guess it is to good to be true, another member on KFC wrote this in a old thread about ordering from them:

"I placed an order with Shaw Intercontinental for 14 Celestial

titles, assuming that they'd have somewhere between 4 and 10 of them. I was

wrong. 12 out of 14 were out-of-stock -- despite the fact that all 14 were and

still are listed as being available."

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12783

well my hunt for Secret Service of the Imperial Court and Lady Assassin continue..

Guest WuxiaFan
Wow thanks,

Edit:

Guess it is to good to be true, another member on KFC wrote this in a old thread about ordering from them:

"I placed an order with Shaw Intercontinental for 14 Celestial

titles, assuming that they'd have somewhere between 4 and 10 of them. I was

wrong. 12 out of 14 were out-of-stock -- despite the fact that all 14 were and

still are listed as being available."

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12783

well my hunt for Secret Service of the Imperial Court and Lady Assassin continue..

I hear what you're saying. The only thing is that they keep adding new titles to their site, so it doesn't seem stagnet. If you're wanting a new DVD, I would be apt to try to place an order just for those 2 titles and see what happens. They shouldn't charge you unless the order ships, but you should check their policy first before placing the order. :squigglemouth:

Did you check the Marketplace Forum?

The Amazing Psycho Per
Wow thanks,

I tried ordering Secret service of the imperial cout and Lady Assassin last year, and although they were listed as in stock on their site, they were out of print... There is still the Thai option... That's what I ended up buying anyway.

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=11067

Guest WuxiaFan
I tried ordering Secret service of the imperial cout and Lady Assassin last year, and although they were listed as in stock on their site, they were out of print... There is still the Thai option... That's what I ended up buying anyway.

http://www.ethaicd.com/show.php?pid=11067

Thank you APP. Unfortunately, SECRET SERVICE OF THE IMPERIAL COURT is OOP there, too. :ooh:

I added eThaiCD.com to my "Where do you Buy..." thread in General Discussion:

http://www.kungfucinema.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7713