Masked Avengers / 叉手 (1981)

Guest dndcollect

• Administrator
This is one of my favorite Venom movies, shame it didn't have the other two in it, I loved Shaolin Rescuers to but this edges it out by a tad. Best weapons fight ever? Nah I'd have to go with the end of Legendary Weapons of China for that one!

Thanks Tosh. I didn't want to be the one to say it! XD

I'm a big fan of MASKED AVENGERS, and I do indeed agree that the weapons finale is brilliant, but LWoC easily tops it IMHO.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LWoC feels like an educational demonstration. It doesnt have the sense of danger that Masked Avengers carries. I find MA a lot more thrilling.

It's kinda like comparing Joe Satriani to Jimmy Page. Satriani may be a superior technical guitarist (which I can admire) but there's only one person's music that's gonna make it to my mp3 player.

Zepplein rules.

I'm a big fan of MASKED AVENGERS, and I do indeed agree that the weapons finale is brilliant, but LWoC easily tops it IMHO.

Yes but at least people die in the finale of Masked Avengers instead of getting their feelings hurt in LWOC;)

LWOC has a good weapons display though, no question.

It kind of bugs me when at the end (can't remember who it was right now) the bad ass boss shows up and starts twirling his spear around even turning his back once, wouldn't they just throw a spear at him while he's showing off?:S

I know its just a movie.

LWOC finale does seem a bit clinical in comparison but both are top notch weapons work films.

It kind of bugs me when at the end (can't remember who it was right now) the bad ass boss shows up and starts twirling his spear around even turning his back once, wouldn't they just throw a spear at him while he's showing off?:S

I know its just a movie.

LWOC finale does seem a bit clinical in comparison but both are top notch weapons work films.

You must be referring to Chu Ko. He was doing that intentionally to goad Kuo Chui and Yu Tai Ping into attacking him to snare them into one of the handful of traps concealed within the walls. The fact that Chu's character was rather relaxed and seemingly careless about the two men was enough for Kuo's character to take him seriously and not approach hastily.

I already know I'm not as easy to impress with my taste in Shaw Films but I just really couldn't get into Masked Avengers, it was just too clean and staged. Shaw films have very impressive indoor studio sets but the designs in some venom films ruin it for me.

Three sets in particular I deteste are: Masked Avengers, Flag of Iron, Kid With the Golden Arm.

Super Ninja's has cheesy settings to but the great action makes up for it!!

I prefer the look of Crippled Avengers and 5 Venoms much better. Cheng Cheh was a master of grungy settings not clean and pristine.

Why do people keep bringing up LWOC, watching LKL and his brother spar was not the end all be all. 18 weapons and no one got hit once. I want BlOOD!!! XD

i know this is a longshow, but i would LOVE to order a weapon like that. prefereably the gold bosses version.. haha .. im not confident ill ever find it

heres some cool weapons, and some tridents, but not near the thickness or quality of the masked avengers ones

http://www.martialartsmart.com/weapons-chinese-weapons-long-weapons.html

where do you think the weapons from those movies end up?

also does anyone have a weapons page/ company they think is best to order? quality/price?

thanks!

Archived