Masked Avengers / 叉手 (1981)

Guest dndcollect

Guest Mantis FIST

yeah, this was always my favorite venom film, even thought it does not have Lo Meng! I always thought the fights were really great and just the overall movie was really great!

I have yet to see the IVL version.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest greenfan

Wow!

I just finished watching Masked Avengers and the ending has blown me away. The speed, precision and aggresion of that finale has melted my brain. Absolutely stunning.

Guest will91XingYu

Totally agree with you! That end fight is to cool, for me Chu Ko is one badass! I just watched Daredevils with the venoms, that is theyre best hand to hand gymnastic fight IMO. Well worth checking out!

Guest will91XingYu

Is Nine Demons wirth buying at all? I mean like fight wise, also have any of you guys seen Fight of the Supers, wow that has some amazing action, it stars Peter Cheng from Method Man.

Most definitely one of the best endings ever, I love the way they throw the tridents back and forth amongst each other, the action just gets better and better as it comes down to the final 5 guys, and you got to love those doors, I think the doors had the most kills by the end:p

Guest ironfistedmonk

The Venoms are the dogs bollocks when it comes to weapons fights and are on a par with the greatest choreographers IMO. I agree this end fight is one of the greatest.

Will91, if you could sit through Fight Among the Supers then Nine Demons might be one for you, personally I can't stand either of those films. :D

Guest will91XingYu

lol, i didn't sit thorugh it, someone posted a video of just the fights, sounds lucky i didn't buy it! Is there much action in Nine Demons? Cos i like Ricky Cheng a lot and Chris Lee is in it, so is Ting Hwa Chung.

Guest clfnole

9 Demons is pure crap, one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

As far as the ending fight in Masker Avengers it is great with the exception of throwing the tridents into the air and having them stay suspended for so long. That was rather stupid, they could have thought up a better way to kill Lu Feng in my opinion.

Magnificent Ruffians has some excellent weapons work as well when speaking of venoms movies.

Guest will91XingYu

Yhe definatley, Magnificent Ruffians is awesome! Also Daredevils for some really cool acrobatics is cool, but they fight with shovels and stuff, baby venom Chui Tai Ping uses a whip and hes got great skills! Also i heard Chang Cheh is Chui Tai Pings sons godfather.

Guest will91XingYu

The venoms weaponwork was really cool, i loved it in Legend of the Fox, iv'e never seen all of it, is it owrth picking up?

shaolin drunkard

Yes it is.Brilliant choreography:D.What I appreciate in venom movies when dude is fatally cut that`s usually about it.I am not into stuff where hero gets sword through his stomach and after that keeps slaying 5 mins like hell.

I suppose this has to be best KF movie ever made(I still need to watch Shaolin Rescuers,hopefully it tops Avengers)

I agree that the Venoms have some of the best weapon choreography ever put on film.

My favourite weapons fights are in "The Odd Couple" though. There are some many intricacies and complex moves.

Alot of people on here liked Shaolin Rescuers more than Masked Avengers. I am not one of those people:D Thats not to say it was not a good movie, cause it was, but I got a biasness towards Masked Avengers since I grew up watching that flick

Yes it is.Brilliant choreography:D.What I appreciate in venom movies when dude is fatally cut that`s usually about it.I am not into stuff where hero gets sword through his stomach and after that keeps slaying 5 mins like hell.

I suppose this has to be best KF movie ever made(I still need to watch Shaolin Rescuers,hopefully it tops Avengers)

What I appreciate in venom movies when dude is fatally cut that`s usually about it.I am not into stuff where hero gets sword through his stomach and after that keeps slaying 5 mins like hell.

This does not apply to these venom movies...

INVINCIBLE SHAOLIN

FIVE ELEMENT NINJAS

MASKED AVENGERS (the opening fight and the bit where the guy snooping around Lu Feng's house gets shanghaied. He doesn't fight, but gets turned into swiss cheese, falls off a house and manages to live for a brief time afterwards).

I always found the OTT elements of the heroes deaths to be the most exhilarating and exciting parts of CC's best movies.:P You should enjoy SHAOLIN RESCUERS, then. Personally, I think it's the best movie CC did with the venom actors.

Alot of people on here liked Shaolin Rescuers more than Masked Avengers. I am not one of those people:D

I'm not one of those people either. I thought most of it was boring. I like Pai Piao but not in this movie. The lesser characters really killed my buzz like when Wu-tang stormed the temple a second time. I know they were supposed to lose but they should have put up a fight as good as Wang Li. They should have replaced most of those lames and used mid-grade stars for the shaolin side (Lau Wing, Frankie Wei, Bruce Tong, Danny Lee, and or Dick Wei). The guy who played Fang Shiyu was alright though. He's not bad at dying. They even reused the same damn guy who played Pai Mei as an extra later in the movie. They kill me with that. Lu Feng saved the movie single handedly IMO. This was one movie where I didn't like any of the heroes. Goon Goong Chung played a good scumbag as usual though.

Masked Avengers... let's see the trident is my favorite weapon. The masks were extra cool. Besides choreography, the simple displays of skill were hot. Everybody did a good job dying, even the guy who killed himself. The music was excellent. The chiefs were all very convincing as non chiefs. The elevator... how cool was that!? And the traps? The gang itself was fascinating. I've always wanted the 3 chiefs to make a cameo in another Shaw movie. While he lasted, Chen Hsiao Hao really stole the spotlight. Chiang Sheng was supposed to be one of the 108 stars of destiny, the 8 armed Nazha, but he didn't really do anything special. I did like that it was a serious role for him though. I wish there was a prequel.

I'm not one of those people either. I thought most of it was boring. I like Pai Piao but not in this movie. The lesser characters really killed my buzz like when Wu-tang stormed the temple a second time. I know they were supposed to lose but they should have put up a fight as good as Wang Li. They should have replaced most of those lames and used mid-grade stars for the shaolin side (Lau Wing, Frankie Wei, Bruce Tong, Danny Lee, and or Dick Wei). The guy who played Fang Shiyu was alright though. He's not bad at dying. They even reused the same damn guy who played Pai Mei as an extra later in the movie. They kill me with that. Lu Feng saved the movie single handedly IMO. This was one movie where I didn't like any of the heroes. Goon Goong Chung played a good scumbag as usual though.

Masked Avengers... let's see the trident is my favorite weapon. The masks were extra cool. Besides choreography, the simple displays of skill were hot. Everybody did a good job dying, even the guy who killed himself. The music was excellent. The chiefs were all very convincing as non chiefs. The elevator... how cool was that!? And the traps? The gang itself was fascinating. I've always wanted the 3 chiefs to make a cameo in another Shaw movie. While he lasted, Chen Hsiao Hao really stole the spotlight. Chiang Sheng was supposed to be one of the 108 stars of destiny, the 8 armed Nazha, but he didn't really do anything special. I did like that it was a serious role for him though. I wish there was a prequel.

I actually liked Kuo Choi in Shaolin Rescuers. But overall, i just wasnt drawn to it as I was with Masked Avengers. I thought Shaolin Rescuers finale dragged on despite the acrobatic/action choreography being top notch. Hardly any dialogue to break up the silence too.

Masked Avengers just reeked of awesomeness. No need to repeat the details as you mentioned all the reasons why its a fan favorite

3chiefsis0.jpg

Somewhat related, I was watching Shaolin Temple to verify some music and I noticed Lu Feng was a major character on the Manchu side but he was an extra on the Shaolin side. They kill me with that! Back to Shaolin Rescuers, I thought Yeung Hung was good too. That mace really looked dangerous. It's a shame they haven't used it in more movies.

Somewhat related, I was watching Shaolin Temple to verify some music and I noticed Lu Feng was a major character on the Manchu side but he was an extra on the Shaolin side. They kill me with that! Back to Shaolin Rescuers, I thought Yeung Hung was good too. That mace really looked dangerous. It's a shame they haven't used it in more movies.

You mean that bronze pumpkin on a stick?XD

shaolin drunkard

Shaolin Rescuers is good movie but I did not feel much tension in it.Comedy is good because it`s not OTT fooling and lu feng was (again) great baddie.Not close to venoms finest IMO.

This is one of my favorite Venom movies, shame it didn't have the other two in it, I loved Shaolin Rescuers to but this edges it out by a tad. Best weapons fight ever? Nah I'd have to go with the end of Legendary Weapons of China for that one!

Archived