Masked Avengers / 叉手 (1981)

Guest dndcollect

Guest 5th Yang
If you think thats fruity...never watch Attack of the Joyful Godess.

Seen it, but that was for Chinese Opera reasons. MA is more of a serious tone movie but if you guys like the Tammy Faye Baker look, more power to you both.;)

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sandpalm79

Well the makeup is also heavy in flag of iron its just on 7th generation bootlegs i could never tell. I dont mind it. Its a baroque style and the outfits are crazy too. It just doesnt even enter my mind. I cannot wait!!!!

Brigadier Chow

Me neither, forget about make up, these dudes masculinity have always been in question, like how they all take a bath together in Magnificent Ruffians.:rollin

Guest sevenhooks
like how they all take a bath together in Magnificent Ruffians.

I would chalk that one up to one of Chang Cheh's twisted, perverted fantasy moments.

Dude was the Shaw Brothers version of Larry Clark.

He just seemed to have a thing for musclular males without shirts.

Guest 5th Yang
Dude was the Shaw Brothers version of Larry Clark.

He did "Kids" and some other crazy fims right?

Guest NinjaForce

Like everyone else I can’t wait to get me hands on this one. Masked Avengers is one of my all time favourites. It’s imo one of the best Venoms films ( and that’s saying something ). With the Venoms you always get incredible action, but not always plotlines of the highest order, here everything comes together perfectly and the action almost surpasses the venoms own high standards. The film is dark, full of atmosphere and totally engrossing as a suspense thriller. MA is full of neat little touches that just elevate it out of the ordinary. The Bosses entrances in the finale are simply magical.

HAZ74 asked earlier if it’s better than Crippled Avengers, for me it’s one of those Venoms films like 5 Venoms, Crippled Avengers, KWTGA, 5 Element Ninjas, that as soon as I’ve finished watching it, it becomes my favourite Venoms film. I suppose you can say from a technical point of view MA’s action is superior to CA ( although I love the action of CA just as much ). I believe MA was made in 1980 two years after CA, so it’s slightly faster. It has all of the qualities we love from the Venoms, powerful no nonsense movements within a complex and dynamic choreography, executed here with an almost unbelievable crisp sharpness and natural speed at it’s fastest. From start to finish the finale is so good I could watch it all day long. Imo this film features one of the finest weapons performances ever to grace the silver screen, not to be missed. ;)

Guest dndcollect

i am being an undisiplined idiot about this. i checked my yesasia account page like twice today, even though it was not released today, AND even though that it probably wont go out until the end of the week.

i freaking cannot wait for this.

Guest Fatty Dragon

Im not adding much, but I will say this is a great movie! For sure its in the top 5 venoms films. Top 3 even, imo.

Guest Iron Boat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Is it better than Crippled Avengers?

H@ll No!!!!!!!!!! :eek

Brigadier Chow

This is a film that mostly shows the Venoms prolific talent in Tiawanese Opera and use of esoteric weapons (ie. Trident). There is very little hand to hand fighting.

Brigadier Chow

Copped it in NYC Chinatown today. Took a quick look and, good news it has the original trailer!!!!!:eek :eek :eek

Guest dndcollect

i am not anal when it comes to dvd's. so some might find fault with it.

i think its great.

picture is beautiful, no more black spots or tracking lines.

comes with trailers too.

very pleased.

Brigadier Chow

That was me...the print of the trailer is a little banged up, but great for nostalgic purposes.

Archived