Refferals, Rate these Shaw Brothers flicks

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Guest HANZOSTEEL

Could someone please rate these films most of them i have not not had a chance to screen.

I realize the list is relatively medial // There are films i should probably go to see first etc.

I have almost no clue to any of these films worth. A simple ***** star rating would be sufficient.

Thanks for any help in advance

anonymous heroes

danger has two faces

gambler's delight

golden sword

heroes of sung

hex

hex after hex

hex vs witchcraft

kidnap

mad world of fools

proud youth

river of fury

tales of a eunuch

tea house

the imposter

the rescue

the taxi driver

to kill a jaguar

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

dont have an idea what stuff u generally like

>recommended:

proud youth

golden sword

>mildly recommended:

anonymous heroes

tales of a eunuch

imposter

>didnt care for/disliked:

tea house

hex movies (especially the sequels)

heroes of sung

to kill a jaguar

Guest Stuntman Jules

ANOYMOUS HEROES is actually a pretty funny Chang Cheh movie because it comes off as being INCREDIBLY pro-communist, but it is highly entertaining.

THE RESCUE and HEROES OF SUNG are very okay Shih Szu movies, nothing too special about them save for the lovely Miss Shih.

KIDNAP's a good Cheng Kang crime flick, though it really gets heavy handed at the end, but Cheng Kang's movies are often very heavy handed, so I didn't care.

THE TEAHOUSE is disappointing. It's rated Category III, but it's not Cat III at all. The violence and nudity is pretty brief, especially considering the Shaws' resident pervert, Kuei Chih Hung, directed this. The film is mostly talk, talk, talk and little action. I'm hoping it's sequel is better, though.

Guest tino

Proud Youth is the best on that list. To Kill a Jaquar could of been good but the movie is cut and its noticeable which ruined the movie for me. Teahouse I would'nt waste my time on. Kidnap is a good entertaining movie.

Guest ODH1

danger has two faces was a cool early 80's action movie. lot's of streetfighting, motorcycles, etc

I liked all the Hex movies, but they are not for eveyone. very makes no sense demented stuff. with wizards

Guest PaulyOne

if you still need opinions...

I've only seen 3 of these:

proud youth ***

river of fury **

the rescue ***1/2

Archived