Blockbuster EMBRACES Red Sun DVDs!

Guest gfanikf

Guest gfanikf
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest reason108

It seems we have lost the war. Yes, I want to tell all my friends and the people that I work with about some of the great martial arts films that they need to purchase or rent. But, when I do tell them, they just end up downloading them for free online. Just had a friend last night that told me that he purchased "My Young Auntie". I know that he picked it up at Suncoast. I tried to mention that the Dragon Dynasty version was coming out sometime soon, but he wont be double-dipping.

Guest dndcollect

im not sure i agree yet. that reason is because of the Dragon Dynasty Shaws, if they continue to put out these Shaws and people buy them, i dont think the war is lost.

while i find this whole thing mind boggeling, i wonder if Dragon Dynasty's strategy is to try to out do redsun.

I mean, it takes so much time and effort and money to try to fight, maybe they figured to put out a vastly supperior product.

I can only speak for myself, but when the Image Legendary Weapons came out, while superior to Red Sun, was not $15 supperior in my book. So I regreted purchasing it.

HOWEVER these Dragon Dynasty Shaws, blow Red Sun out of the water from every angle. AND they have extras.

so I will fork over $15 gladly for the DD, even though I have a celestial and red sun, and crash, etc.

I know some will make the argument that your average person will not do this. I agree to a point, however I think that you take this problem out of the equasion if DD's are more readliy available than Red Sun.

The prices are also not much more expensive than Red Sun.

So I dont think the war is lost, I think it might be being faught in a different way.

I picked up the Dragon Dynasty Millionaire's Express because of the extras even though I have other vhs, vcd,dvd's of it and it was worth the $15 just for Bey Logan's commentary.

Guest Atomic Mystery Monster

And to think that Blockbuster has been touting an "exclusive partnership" with the Weinstein Company as of late. If the Weinsteins have any sense, they'll use this to squeeze Blockbuster for tons of money.

Guest strutr74

Yep, when Hannibal rising came out for rent. Blockbuster were the only ones who were going to rent it. So the Weinsteins Have some kinda deal worked out with them. I go to Hollywood Video, and the manager had to go buy copies from Best Buy just for rentals. They only sent BlockBuster copies, no one else.

Archived