Celestial Pictures Response to Petition!

Guest raider yang

Guest raider yang

First of all, much thanks goes out to Ivy Ling Po, Kermit, KFF moderators and everyone who signed on and got the word out to other forums/sites. This is 1 of the 3 responses I have recieved regarding our petition.

Dear Mr. Stewart:

Thank you for alerting us with regards to the interest surrounding the seven Shaw Brothers films: LOVERS BLADES, DEADLY ANGELS, THIS MAN IS DANGEROUS, HONG KONG GODFATHER, TO KILL A MASTERMIND, THUNDERCLAP and TEMPERAMENT OF LIFE.

We greatly appreciate your efforts in compiling the list of 245 names as well as the corresponding feedback from the individuals.

Celestial Pictures is extremely inspired by loyal fans like yourself. We are considering re-mastering titles such as the ones mentioned above. In order to make our effort more meaningful and worthwhile, we are currently evaluating our re-mastering resources and analyzing the market demands for these titles. We will keep you posted on the progress.

We look forward to your continued support of the Shaw titles and feel free to contact us anytime.

Sincerely

Soon-En Wong

VP, Film Marketing

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sikmao

may i be the first to say, "Thank You!!", for getting the list together, as well as anything else you might've done to get the ball rolling!!

i intend that we'll be seeing TKAM, sometime next year! that one & "Lover's Blades"!

Guest Feng Gang

Hmm... analyzing market demands? Yeah right they've released some LAME movies in some of these batches and I'm pretty sure nobody was begging for them.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Cool, hopefully they intend to follow through with their response. Feng Gang does make a good point though.

Guest HAZ74

At what email should we contact the folks from celestial? To what department is it best to direct requests?

h

Guest deliriocaldo

Excellent! Hope these titles will be released now...

Now if anybody could put up a petition requesting the other missing exploitation/horror movies, like BANK BUSTER, MISFIRE, FEARFUL INTERLUDE, CURSE OF EVIL, SPIRIT OF THE RAPED etc.

BankBuster+1978-1-b.jpg

CurseofEvil+1982-1-b.jpg

SpiritoftheRaped+1976-1-b.jpg

Guest killer meteor

And more Bruce Li movies too!

Come on, you're telling me Fist Of Fury II is worse than Rivals Of Kung Fu or Godfather of Canton?

Guest raider yang
Hmm... analyzing market demands? Yeah right they've released some LAME movies in some of these batches and I'm pretty sure nobody was begging for them.

Makes you wonder if any research was done into monitoring the demand of some previously released titles.

Guest Ching li

you know what i guess that's why they are taking their time analyzing the market, etc. so they won't put out movies that won't sell. They might release 2 or 3 from our list, i won't be surprised if they don't release all of the movies we requested.

Guest raider yang

Yeah it'd be great if they release all of the above mentioned films but hopefully this petition does not become a complete failure in the long run.

Guest mahsingyi

Now all that is left for us to do for the moment is "Hope and p®ay!" (...first denotion is prayers for the release of the movies mentioned and perhaps the release of more neglected gems...the second denotion is payment for thosed titles which see the light of the day and which subsequently we should buy whenever they are released)

;O)))))))

I'd like to thank everyone who signed this petition....;O)

newsletterteaser04bo0.jpg

Guest Poelie

Just a quick question for mahsingyi: where is shawbrothers.de?

I liked the site very much! Any info posted here would be nice.

Archived