Rivals Of Kung Fu 74'

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Anyone see this film? It looks interesting. Actually, it looks like it could be quite good.

Also, Six Assassins, anyone order this one?

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Le Peril Jaune
Anyone see this film? It looks interesting. Actually, it looks like it could be quite good.

Everybody here hates it, except me: I like it a lot for the fabulous villainous tandem of Shek Kin and Chan Shen, their wonderful chemistry is a joy to watch! The main plot is good but much time is wasted on two really stupid subplots. The style of the film is not typical Shaw, it's closer to the Cantonese Wong Fei Hung films.

Guest killer meteor

Pretty weak stuff aside from Shih Kien's performance. I think it was actually made for the Cantonese market

Guest Markgway

I've always been a bit unsure about the language on this one. The lead actors appear to be speaking different languages. According to the HKFA the film was originally released in Cantonese. If that's true this could be the first Cantonese Kung Fu movie of its era a full two years before we all thought. Anyone see this theatrically?

I think the problem with this particular film was the casting of Wong Fei Hung... Maybe if Ku Feng was brought in for this one...? Thoughts, anyone?:rolleyes:

Chen Kuan Tai

I would only buy this movie cause of I am bruce lee fan. Bruce le is staring in. Somebody know how long he is seeing in? Only little scenes?

Le Péril Jaune
thx, therefore, he is starring lot of minutes in?

Depends on how many is a lot to you. He has several scenes and is in the film from start to finish if that's what you mean.

Chen Kuan Tai
Depends on how many is a lot to you. He has several scenes and is in the film from start to finish if that's what you mean.
That does satisfy me in starring of bruce le. The ivl dvd is uncut? It's with 5.1 upmix but there is no other release on dvd or? I think there won't be a new release of it in the next years or?

It's a rar title, never seen it on vhs or else in the past. Don't think rivals will be released in the future from an other label. What do you think?

I had never seen this film prior to the IVL release. I enjoyed it because it's a Shaw I had not viewed, however, Huang Kin Lung's role is not bad. He's playing a hot-tempered student of Wong Fei Hung. Shieh Kin is his usual, rotten, self, making enemies with Po Chi Lam.

I just didn't like the actor who played Wong. I much prefer Ku Feng over Shih Chung Tien.

This release will probably fall back into oblivion, if you do not pick it up before it goes oop.:)

Archived