DDDhouse delivers The Dragon Missile DVD

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Johnny's service is par excellence!

The DVD does not have the original trailer but the picture quality is crisp and clear!

Can't believe the action!!

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Ivy Ling Po

The Dragon Missile is certainly not a mediocre movie. I found it fastpaced and exciting. Nancy En & Terry Liu, both not known for their swordplay skills, astounded me with their agility. Naturally Terry Liu had to strut her stuff in a bed scene too. Liu Yung looks so young in this one. Lo Lieh is frightening with his twin dragon missiles......Celestial certainly served us an uncut version!

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Awesome Ivy, I'm looking forward to receiving my order. Probably tomorrow.

Saw Dragon Missle today. It's a pretty good movie and I agree that its an above average flick that I score 7.5/10. People that like the flying guillotine movies should dig this. Lo Lieh plays a cool character and was an evil sob with those dragon missiles.

Guest fabhui

Watched it today and thought it was a decent movie and definitely above average. I'd say 7.5/10 is a fair score.

I'd say 7.5/10 is a fair score.

That's exacthy what I thought it rated upon viewing it last night.

Don't read this if you want to be completely surprised upon first viewing this film.

The plot turns sour when Ku Feng basically asks his right hand servant to hire a few bandits to make sure Lo Lieh (his most trusted warrior) brings back the antidote for Ku Feng's ailment. This basically spawns the action to this film, but ruins the whole plan Ku Feng desperately needs accomplished.

The weapon design of the Dragon Missle is pretty cool lookin too and the special effects of this weapon (by Yu Yen-Wen) aren't too bad either. The fights are pretty damn tight and aggressive right from the start. Actually, I found myself rewinding quite a few fight scenes repeatedly to really check out the detail. There's some really decent hand to hand work here as well. Herbalist Tan, I thought was very cool. Very well choreographed fight scenes. Though the film does starts falling apart near the end. Where's Ku Feng? Why are the hired bandits still so intent on killing Lo Lieh after the antidote is destroyed before reaching it's destination? They're not going to collect any promised riches now. In fact the ending is ridiculous, surprised? But, this sloppiness of plot is not what Ho Meng Hua was concerned with apparently and certaintly dose not ruin the film. Believe it or not.

There's a lot of character development and the film possess' a great deal of attitude. There are also many great actors and actress' in this one. Ku Feng, Lo Lieh, Yen Nan-hsi, Fan mei Sheng, Tsiu Siu Keung, the old guy who plays Herbalist Tan, the old blind woman (Liu Yung's mother/don't know her name) kicks ass in her scenes, and a few other familiar faces as well.

Definitely one of director Ho Meng Hua's better efforts. There are some brutal killings especially of the old blind woman, and Tsiu Siu Keung's character. The dragon Missile beheads or amputates various body parts of the intended victim. This weapon's technique reminds one of The Flying Guillotine while watchin the film. Especially with how they decide to overcome it.

The heroine is baddass. Ivy, I can see why you like this film. Actually, after reading a few more recent posts of yours, I'm beginning to understand what you look for in these films.

Though there are some silly moments throughout the film, there are very cool elements throughout most of the flick as well, which kind of pardons the stupid scenes. Very nice sets. Some pretty cool music and some bits of the score are quite recognizable too.

Ku Feng, is pretty insidious, and evil, in this one. Though his role is not a major one in this film.

The tight fight choreographing and editing, coupled with a great cast and a good script, are what make this film cool.

Well worth having IMO.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Hi vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Liu Yung's mother (the blind woman) was played by Ouyang Sha fei, who was a movie queen back in Shanghai in the 40s/50s.

Did you comment on Terry Liu's performance?

Thanks for that info Ivy. Who was Terry Liu in the film? I'm not too familiar with that name, face maybe, but not the name. :)

Guest Ivy Ling Po

Terry Liu is the swordswoman who bared her breasts in bed. Just a brief glance though......you may have missed it!

Terry Liu is the swordswoman who bared her breasts in bed. Just a brief glance though......you may have missed it!

Surprisingly, I think I did. Not next time. :b

Archived