WHAT PRICE IRONY???

Guest sevenhooks

Guest Gbertho

That movie is AWESOME. I was lucky enuff to get a DVD copy of the VHS print so it is easily one my most valuable copies. But is there ANY chance someone will print the plot line? I’m trying to follow things based on bits and pieces and I can’t seem to figure out the entire plot. Or perhaps someone may make the effort to create an English translation or sub?

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

sevenhooks,

you're not alone in the ironic disappointments department. I had only seen about 10-12 Shaw flicks before the Celestial remasters, and my favorite by far was Avenging Eagle. Waiting for this to be released by Celestial, I was thinking "This movie is so great, and the absolute best moment is the final fight where Ti Lung does that super super-slo-mo trampoline leap with his three sectional staff, and at the very moment of impact with Ku Feng's iron claws, the film speeds up back to normal speed." I thought that was just about the coolest fight effect/editing I had ever seen in a martial arts movie, and lo and behold that was in the one minute of footage that Celestial cut out of their release. >:

So, I feel your pain :lol

Guest oldeschool17

ok i dont know what happened to my original post.

Ill talk to my buddy in hong kong to keep a lookout for this movie.

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns
where Ti Lung does that super super-slo-mo trampoline leap with his three sectional staff, and at the very moment of impact with Ku Feng's iron claws, the film speeds up back to normal speed." I thought that was just about the coolest fight effect/editing I had ever seen in a martial arts movie, and lo and behold that was in the one minute of footage that Celestial cut out of their release.

As much as I appreciate everything Celestial HAS done, I agree there are certain decisions made by IVL that really disappoint me, such as the 'above mentioned' cutting crucial scenes, lazing out on the english subtitles, etc. Regardless of these few (albeit major) short comings, I can't praise Celestial enough for what good they have done.

I've got my fingers crossed for Bloody Parrot, Heads For Sale, The Supreme Swordsman, and The Magnificent Ruffians.

Archived