Kara Hui, Where are you

Guest THE BASTARD

Guest THE BASTARD

I finally am getting a lot of Shaw Brothers movies and i am starting to notice the same faces over and over Mostly David Chiang and Ti Lung, Ku Feng, Lung Wei. There are a lot of other starts aplenty but i noticed Kara Hui is starting to Fall Into that Lily Li mode where they both had few movies at least that i can see. I guess it was because most of the roles were male driven. What are some of Kara Hui's movies, i know she is popular but it seems she was also undersused and im like bla. Where most of her movies Shaw Brothers?

OH Ya What are some of her movies that have not been released that r coming.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

www.hkcinemagic.com/en/people.asp?id=208

shes got a part in the venoms/ensemble movie "life gamble", scheduled for.... soon (aug/sept. or s/t)

"the last judgment" by the director of hapkido and shaolin plot hasnt been released yet. dunno if its coming at all. hope it does.

i understand shes in "lovers blade", a movie supposedly NOT coming (but its on the KFF petition of movies 'the fans' would love to see released by celestial regardless).

she also stars in the SB comedy "3 stooges undercover"; dunno if it will come, dont really care either.

the vast majority of movies shes in has already been released, so knock yourself out.

Guest kungfusamurai

Anything directed by Lau Kar Leung from 1979 onward will have Kara Hui in it.

Before that, she was used in Chang Cheh's films, like Chinatown Kid and Invincible Shaolin, but in non-fighting roles.

Post-Shaw Brothers, check out some of her girls with guns films. Inspector Wears Skirt is my favourite of hers from that period.

KFS

Guest Knetan

hey,

she was nominated for her supporting performance in Visible Secret a few years ago. Played a possessed mother.

vs4.jpg

Archived