Venoms Documentary Online!

Guest VenomsFan

Guest VenomsFan

tosh - I agree the pixelation is tough on this one, something happened with the upload. Hope this doesn't ruin the experience for you at all? If so, I can work on reuploading it.

sandpalm79 - Thanks for the input! The reason I use the clips from Chiang's last appearance is because of the rareity of the footage and it was months before his passing. So I want to show as much of that rare footage as I can. Do not worry. I have made a Chiang Sheng tribute which highlights exactly what you had in mind. And that will be posted soon as well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BKarza

Saw all of the parts so far. Seems to be based on a lot of the things that went around that we've heard over the years. You can use some of the info from the dvds to tighten up your facts.

Sun Chien is Taiwanese not Korean. That was something that floated around from someone some time ago.(see a Celestial Venom dvd)

Lu Feng's weapon from Magnificent Ruffians and Avenging Warriors from Shaolin is a long handled broadsword. The only time that he ever used a kwan do on screen was in Sword Stained with Royal Blood.

www.wushudirect.co.uk/aca..._Head.html

Lu Feng and Chiang Sheng were not opera classmates. Kuo Chui did an interview with Eastern Heroes magazine in 1995. He stated that he, Lu Feng and Cheng Tien Chi all went to the same school.(Lu Kwan) KC learned Taiwanese opera and LF and CTC learned Peking opera. Same school but didn't train together. Chiang Sheng, Angela Mao, "Brasshead" and Robert Tai went to the same school. Chu Ko/Ke/Ker went to another different from those 2. Li Yi Min, Jack Long and others fall in there somewhere.

After Ninja in the Deadly Trap, KC said he missed HK and Shaw, so he left CS and LF and headed back. He was AD for Holy Flame of the Martial world and bit played in a few Shaw movies. After the movie biz died, he worked at TVB(Shaw tv) as a choreographer.

Chang Cheh always worked with a team for a few years then brought in another. Tien Chi, Chiu Kwok and Chu Ko were his last team. After Weird Man in '82/'83, he went to Taiwan with his peeps minus Chu Ko, Wang Li, Chui Kwok and the Shaw bit player regulars. He hooked back up with Chiang Sheng and Lu Feng. Attack of the Joyful Goddess, Shanghai 13, Nine Demons and Death Ring came out of that. Chiang Sheng also did 5 Fighters from Shaolin during that time.

Kung Fu Vampire Buster was the last movie LF and CS did together. Tien Chi also making an appearance. That was done around 1990. Fight Among the Supers was around '84/'85ish.

Recently Lu Feng has choreographed some fights from a Wu Jing tv show from a few years back.

Guest VenomsFan

hey Tosh - I uploaded higher quality video of Part 8 without the pixelation. Thx for the heads up on that.

BKarza - nice info! The documentary was made 2 years ago. I remember posting on this forum for feedback on my information. Could've used your feedback back then! :hat

Sad to say, there are several but not many from other magazines and websites to source information. This doc came out before the Celestial DVDs (notice the prints used in this film). And from we've all been reading, not all of their info is accurate to begin with. So it depends on where people get their sources. And how consistent the info is.

Check out the end credits - coming soon - for my references used when putting THIS documentary together. These people and sources helped with a great deal of info during production.

Guest VonHumboldtFleischer

Great idea, putting the documentary online for everyone to watch. To me, using pre-Celestial copies of the movies for clips makes it seem somehow more 'authentic', so it's probably a good thing you didn't wait for all the re-masters. The 'Women of the Venoms' montage at the end is a nice piece of editing as well, so you should put that online, too.

Guest VenomsFan

Alright Part 9 is up. Conclusion with End Credits. I'll take the advice and post the Chiang Sheng tribute and Women of the Venoms music video tribute up as well.

Archived