Venoms Documentary Online!

Guest VenomsFan

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest teako170
Haven't seen Shanghai 13 but would love to. Is there a widescreen print now available anywhere?
VFan. PM me your addy and I'll send you a copy. Only FS available.

Guest teako170
any chance we will still see this book published one day--with or without images?
Anything is possible falkor but definitely not in the foreseeable future. Thx.

After watching this documentary, I can't understand how any English person can say they mostly prefer subtitles over dubbing. Not that I want to resurrect that old arguement again! ;)

Guest sandpalm79

Venomsfan, i am so so so impressed. Where did you get the information for this? I have been a fan forever and I cannot wait till the part with masked avengers. When is part 5 goin up!? Also i am interested in buying this as well.

Guest Ching li

good work venomsfan, really enjoying the documentary on my favorite dream team. when will part 5 be up, i am looking forward to it can't wait.

Guest VenomsFan

OK guys! Part 5 is now online. I've researched info on the Venoms mostly from old articles and the web. Discussing with close people to the Venoms and some great collectors along the way. It was a long time coming. I'm glad you guys are enjoying it so far.

How many parts are to this Venomsfan? Or is it an on going thing? all your work is paying off cause I'm really digging it! Hopefully with the remake, someone over in HK will take notice.

Guest VenomsFan

Thanks guys for the feedback. falkor, not many people noticed that effect I put in the Flag of Iron. Good eye!

The documentary runs about 71 minutes, with the bonus feaures over 10minutes or so. I would say we are a little under halfway with this online video presentation. More to come!

excellent slow motion effects on Killer Army, silent. I reckon I could show this to a non-KF fan and get them interested in kung...

Great Job, Venomsfan!!! it's rather dope, how you link together the fight choreography & their acting time together!!! Brilliant!

i do have one criticism, tho', it looked like a small "3 sectioned staff", from "rebel intruders". as opposed to a set of 3-piece nunchuks. which is basically the same thing, only "nunchuku" is a Japanese term. "3 section staff" is a "Tradional Chinese Weapon". (one of the 18 legendary...);)

i eagerly await the next installment!! you do have more coming, right? how many more, do you think?

thanks for all the time & effort! VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!!!

- sikmao.

Guest VenomsFan

Ahh thanks there for the correction. A little more reasearch showed you are exatcly right! Check out this link I found here. Nice list of moves you can do with this weapon. Looking at his use of the 3 sectioned staff a little closer, Philip Kwok was truly a master of that weapon!

Thanks for the feedback. Another installment this weekend I hope.

Guest Ching li

the message said something like this is a private video and have to accept sender's request or something like that. I don't know maybe i will try again later.

Guest Ching li

ok, i finally got it to work, once again good job venomsfan. Man, image if chiang sheng and lu feng went back to hong kong like kuo chui did, they could have blown up!

Guest VenomsFan

ching li, that is a good point. I found out that Chiang Sheng did have a family in Taiwan, which may explain his decision to stay. I am not sure about Lu Feng. But we do know they were childhood friends since their early years at the Chinese Opera.

There is no doubt though that making that move with Kwok would have been a wise one. I am not sure however that they were aware of the fandom overseas in UK and USA. Actually there is evidence supporting that they didn't know international impact of their films. This is sad.

The next couple parts of the Documentary will cover that..

Can anyone else shed light on the Venoms break up in 1983?

Geat as always, but it was severly pixulated, I thought at first it was the old films but the whole thing was like that. Shame about Chiang Sheng, he died way to young, if he only knew how many fans he had around the world. We need new interviews with all the remaining members.

Guest sandpalm79

Venomsfan, Unbelievable. I want to buy this on dvd so please please let me know how! also my ONLY critique of the documentury is whenever you state that chiang sheng passed away and it goes into the montage/ sad recollection part. It would have made more sense to show his best work and clips from say crippled avengers rather than the obscure shots of him with those weird ears(from the korean tv show) I understand chronologically you were trying to use footage from each period the documentury was covering right? But this is just my 2 cents.. Other than that I learned more from your documentary than any other information provided of the venoms!!! I am so grateful!

Archived