Venoms Documentary Online!

Guest VenomsFan

Guest VenomsFan

Thanks to great sites like youtube. You can view Part 1 from the main link on the Fansite. Link below.

I send Mike Leeder a copy for review in his magazine a couple of years ago and have heard nothing.

Enjoy!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Liu chung liang

Great work my friend. I just hope this doesn't get moved to the Shaw Brothers Film section lol.

Umm is that your voice doing the narrating? I'm just wondering.

When ever I post a scene, I try to put a lot of information on the description. Because fans like us, know more of the history behind it and such. Besides, I kinda feel like it's important to explain who the actor or actress is playing, if they are portraying a real person etc.

Guest Big Mike Leeder

I'm sorry about that, I'm pretty sure I'd e-mailed you back about it...my mistake sir, please drop me a pm with your e-mail..am i now gonna get flamed about this .."Impact Editor in didn't answer an e-mail shocker??"

My apologies I know when you sent it over, i was really busy with stuff and said I'd get back to you, was pretty sure I had..my mistake by the sounds of it

I liked the idea, i didn't know if that was the final cut or still a rough cut..

Shall have to dig out my notes on it, i thought as "unofficial" docu's go, it was good, just thought it didn't cover as much ground as I hoped,

Guest VenomsFan
Umm is that your voice doing the narrating? I'm just wondering.

Yes that's me.

I liked the idea, i didn't know if that was the final cut or still a rough cut..

Yeah it was the the final cut.

Shall have to dig out my notes on it, i thought as "unofficial" docu's go, it was good, just thought it didn't cover as much ground as I hoped,

That's cool Mike. Do you think it can still get a review? I'll pm you then.

Favourited. Looks great so far to me - any plans to put the rest up?

Yes the entire documentary will eventually be up!

I get a message that says "Video removed by user" ???

Yeah just refresh the Fansite main page. I decided to put up a higher quality clip! Enjoy!

Hey Venom, I think it's great you spent the time to put this together, I've been a big Venoms fan since I was a kid, to bad they don't get the respect they deserve, if only I could do a remake of the 5 venoms movie.

Guest peringaten

Hey thanks VenomsFan, part 2 is excellent as well - really digging the way you've put the audio over the visual highlights - adds a real resonance.

Looking forward to the next part, for sure!

I've never heard Chen Kuan Tai called that before, btw... interesting...

Looking forward to the next part, for sure!

Yes, me to! Maybe with the remake (which I still hope doesn't happen), they'll track all these guys down, they better at least let Kuo Choi Choreo it and give the other suviving members cameos>:

It's good that a fellow enthusiast has made the effort to produce a documentary about the Venoms. Looking at parts 1 and 2 so far, it seems like Venomsfan has done a decent job, and in part 3 or 4, I only hope he remembered to mention Lu Feng winning an award for his performance in Shaolin Rescuers.

The documentary is definitely lacking coverage, but then finding information about the Venoms is scarce. I got some nice photos of Kui Chui and his dog that could have been included, but overall there's some nice shots, including a few photos I'd never see before. I think the best part of the documentary is the way Venomsfan describes each film with an edited commentary from the film, selected from different quotes. It's as though he's put together a collection of perfect trailers that really hit the nail on the head about the story/atmosphere of these films.

Great Job VF, that brought back some very nice memories on the fansite. I hope people appreciate your contribution to the memory of one of greatest action groups of the genre.

Trix

PS: Glad I got my copy in the vault!

Good stuff, Venomsfan! I think I could give Kid With The Golden Arm another chance after your excellent preview! :D I know you haven't got to Magnificent Ruffians yet, but it would be nice to really really stress in your commentary that Lu Feng was proving himself on-screen to be an expert with weapons--in particular the Kwan Do (or variations*). Although Lu Feng is good at playing confident villains among other qualities, it's his weaponswork that ultimately separates him from the rest of the Venoms (as my 2nd favourite actor of all-time to Hwang Jang Lee), and it's this skill that won him the award, as you perfectly showcase in the Shaolin Rescuers preview.

LuFengAward.jpg

*Somebody once suggested the actual weapon used by Lu Feng is sort of like a more basic variation of the Kwan Do, but I've forgotten what he called it.

I liked Wei Pai in KWTGA, were people really that discontent with him back in the day? I've always still considered him a Venom. Can't wait to see the 4th one.

Wow, I'm always surprised and extremely happy to see any new stuff on Lu Feng. Falkor I agree with you, his skills with weapons is just awesome. Of course my fav is the final scene in Shaolin Rescuers, although many seem to like the scene from Magnificant Ruffians better. I also like how Chiang Sheng handles weapons too, both top notch. Chiang seems to be a bit more versatile, he usually changes weapons two or three times without a problem in most of the movies.

Trixie

Guest VenomsFan

Hey falkor thanks a tons for posting that article scan. Man Lu Feng didn't even smile with the award in hand. Don't worry, there's more Lu Feng info in the doc to come!

Guest TheManInWhite

Great job, VF! I've checked out all three parts, and I have to say you did Venoms fans all over very proud. The clips you chose make the films so enticing also. Looking forward to part 4 and beyond...

Hey falkor thanks a tons for posting that article scan.

No worries... I think I got that from Teako170 some years back, so thanks to him for that one. Not sure which magazine it was scanned from... BTW, I remember Teako170 was working on a Venoms book, but had problems with image rights; any chance we will still see this book published one day--with or without images?

Guest Iron Boat

I actually think some of the best fighting and one of the best characters Lu Feng ever played was his tattooed villian in Shanghai 13. Thats a character that should of had a few more films.

Lu Feng did an excellent job in that movie. Unfortunately when once again they tried to assemble an "all-star" cast movie nobody actually gets to show their best work. Too many to put a focus on any one actor, although the movie was not the worst I've ever seen. I prefer the "long hair" period pieces more.

Trix

Archived