To Kill A Mastermind **clip**

Guest 5th Yang

Guest sevenhooks
Wow. I didn't know you could do that. I might really have to look into it. It's probably the best chance I'll have at seeing movies like this and Lovers Blades.

Yup. That's what this is for...

CALL NUMBER: VAH 2994 (viewing copy)

-- Request in: Motion Picture/TV Reading Rm. By Appointment

sevenhooks, are you in the DC area?

Negative.

I currently reside in NY State.

Yourself?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

I just got this from Raider Yang. I can't wait to watch it! Big thanks Yang.

I was wonderign if someone could please provide some sort of a plot summary. Or is it bad guys vs. good guys and that is all I really need to know?

Guest raider yang

np.....The criminal Chi Sha Society seeks revenge against the government supported Yang association for the deaths of their members. One by one each of the Chi Sha chiefs becomes suspected of spying for the Yangs and is killed, until only 3 are left. Now they must defend themselves against the family of an ally (Ku Feng). During the final confrontation, the character played by Wang Lung Wei was the boss of Chi Sha who kept his identity secret. When the last two standing (Teng Wei-Hao, Shik Kang) find out they both work for the Yangs, they challenge Wang Lung Wei to a fight to the death.

Quoted from the cover notes morgoth. Hope that helps.

Guest morgoth

It definitely helps. I loved this movie even though I didn't know what was going on. I thought it was Yuen wah's best performance of his career. And the final fight is awesome. Tong Gai is a master.

Seeing as though I still don't know what really happened in terms of detail I'm still very impressed. What does it for me? The whole atmosphere of the movie. I'm familiar with most of the faces even though they're usually extras so that didn't bother me at all. The ominous music (quite a few of my favorite cues) does leaps and bounds to complement the action and those were some top notch costumes.

The scene where they killed the first guy (traitor?) is forever burned in my memory. How he was killed was cool but I more so like how they cycled through the closeup facial expressions of everybody. Each of them seemed to be absolutely delighted to see him die. They liked it as much as I did lol. On top of that he looked to be the youngest of them all.

Now the icing on the cake... not a single one of them (before the finale) went down without pleading and begging to be heard out. And regardless none of that ever helped. As for Yuen Wah, lol he was the wrong one to fool with! Double blade guy was my fave though. I still don't quite understand the masked guys. Maybe I wasn't paying close enough attention.

I like all of these later "gang" movies. I wonder how these guys would match up against the Masked Avengers, Iron Boat, Deadly Valley, 5 Elements, 5 Venoms, Iron Flags, or even Master Yu and co. (Magic Blade).

found a clear copy of ' To kill a Mastermind with great re-done subs' , cleaned up ok but the movement has been affected slightly ie not fluent as original print but its a start

found a clear copy of ' To kill a Mastermind with great re-done subs' , cleaned up ok but the movement has been affected slightly ie not fluent as original print but its a start

It must be our FuSubs release. :wink:

Archived