To Kill A Mastermind **clip**

Guest 5th Yang

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Iron Boat

Hey at least there's finally a film that everyone can get behind and bug the Crap out of Celestial about it ;)

hey--i,ve been bugging CELESTIAL about opening up their massive vault of english dub shaws for years---with no results. you know their holding onto well over 200 dub tittles.

Guest peringaten

Well, an email never hurt - I'll get on board with the old Celestial bombardment.

You never know...

Guest sevenhooks

They need to know that even if the print is damaged, they should STILL release it because they'll still sell tons of copies worldwide.

ANYTHING would be better than what's currently available.

to check on this film if we can get it for the US market. I'll keep you guys up on what's going on.

Guest HANZOSTEEL

OK, you guys inspired me i will e-mail them as well. I dont think that they would say it

is not going to be released as you told us unless they were not planning on releasing

the film however they are always a bit general when they are answering questions so

there is a chance. Was the print really known to be damaged?

e-mail sent

Guest 5th Yang

Surprise surprise, still no response back from Celestial. At least they could give me a half- crap response after I send numerous emails.

But thanks to Linn maybe there's a small chance something will get done here in the states.

5th Yang

Guest sevenhooks
Was the print really known to be damaged?

Other than heresay on message boards, I've never seen any real confirmation whatsoever to suggest that there was print damage.

Guest 5th Yang

I gotta say Sevenhooks, you always tell it like it is...Black + White, with no bs.

I respect that.

Guest 5th Yang
Was the print really known to be damaged?

Wish I knew Sevenhooks but I know the LOC has a print and most likely a good one. If the LOC only knew how much I'd pay them for an under-the-counter copy.

LC Control No.: 00566009

Type of Material: Moving Image or Slide/Transparency

Main Title: To kill a mastermind / director, Sun Chung.

Published/Created: 1979.

Related Names: Copyright Collection (Library of Congress)

Description: 1 videocassette of 1 (VHS) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. viewing copy.

Notes: Copyright: PUB 1979; PA964-444; Reg under GATT/URAA restoration.

Copyright notice on data sheet: Shaw Brothers (Hong Kong) Ltd.

Source used: copyright data sheet.

In Chinese with English & Chinese subtitles.

Acquisition Source: Received: 2-10-2000; viewing copy; copyright deposit--RNR; Copyright Collection.

LC Classification: VAH 2994 (viewing copy)

Language Code: chi chieng

Copyright Registration No.: PA964-444 U.S. Copyright Office

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CALL NUMBER: VAH 2994 (viewing copy)

-- Request in: Motion Picture/TV Reading Rm. By Appointment (Madison LM336)

Guest sevenhooks
Description: 1 videocassette of 1 (VHS) : sd., col. ; 1/2 in. viewing copy.

Unfortunately, while perhaps better than what's currently available, a VHS tape hardly constitutes a "print".

Guest Lei Kung

So could anyone just go down to the library of congress and check out To Kill a Mastermind? Maybe we should hold a small film fest in the parking lot.

Guest lousy

I've got a library card for the Library of Congress. If it's possible, I'll volunteer to check it out. :D

Guest sevenhooks

You can make an appointment at the LOC and watch a film/video, etc.

From what I understand though, it's all done in a fairly controlled environment.

In other words, there's no "checking out" a copy of To Kill a Mastermind like you would check out say, a first edition, hardcover To Kill a Mockingbird at your local town library.

Would be fun though.

I was thinking a while back of setting up an appointment there to watch that english dubbed copy of Deadly Breaking Sword that we'll probably never see now.

:D:D:D:D 8o 8o 8o 8o 8) 8) 8) 8) :hat :hat :hat :hat

Guest lousy

Wow. I didn't know you could do that. I might really have to look into it. It's probably the best chance I'll have at seeing movies like this and Lovers Blades.

sevenhooks, are you in the DC area?

Archived