To Kill A Mastermind **clip**

Guest 5th Yang

Guest Iron Boat

I think that was said a while ago maybe even a year two ago that this film wont be remastered by celestial. Isn't the word on it is that the original print is missing?

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know if this film was 1 of the 760 that Celestial aquired?

it was. This is kind of strange, as only a handful of titles didn't get done. Mainly it had to do with not having good prints or the films being co-productions.

Guest sevenhooks

All this talk/rumor about a missing print is just heresay until there's some actual confirmation from Shaw and/or Celestial.

If they don't release the film, could be any number of reasons - none of which I'd venture to guess until I had more reliable info.

Guest 5th Yang

Well, I suppose I should hang on to my old camera-boot afterall. It kills me to know that it will be the only print in circulation and never anything better.

Guest kermit

This is the extremely vague reason i was given......

"Actually, not all of the Shaw Brothers titles will be remastered and released due to our company’s business strategy."

Guest tino

What the hell kind of strategy is it to not release certain films? I cant believe they released some of the bullshit that they have and now not doing TKAMM. I need anger management. >:

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Thanks Bkarza, those stunt men kick some serious ass, but Wang Lung Wei and Ku Feng have certaintly sold me on the film. That fight scene linked helped a great deal too. Cool looking flick. Now, the question is... where can I get the best possible beat to sh#t version of it available? :D

Guest bbatson418

How exactly do you guys watch this? To my understanding there's no subs and it's not in english. How do you follow what's being said or even know what's going on?

Guest sevenhooks

I used to have a play-by-play synopsis/review written by Amy Harlib right after she saw it at the Music Palace.

It was printed in an old issue of Jade Screen or MAMA I think.

Very helpful.

Guest lousy

Does anyone know where you can get a copy of this movie? I've been looking around for it but can't find it. The only place I saw it was RareKungFuMovies but it seemed like they only had it in PAL format, which seemed odd since it should be a boot.

bbatson, did you used to post on ughh?

Guest bbatson418

yes sir.. still do, but rarely.

A certain someone on this site got me addicted to shaw bros flicks like a crackhead. Since my music collection is pretty much complete, this is my new fix.

Guest kermit
Does anyone know where you can get a copy of this movie? I've been looking around for it but can't find it. The only place I saw it was RareKungFuMovies but it seemed like they only had it in PAL format, which seemed odd since it should be a boot.

I believe they can make the dvd ntsc, upon request.

Guest CLFNole

Maybe if we all contact Celestial enough they will remaster this. I mean for crying out loud they remastered some real lousy movies why not this one which seems like the "holy grail" to shaw kung fu fans?

Guest lousy

I thought I recognized the name. I'm hardly on there anymore either. Not much new music worth buying these days, so now I've been spending all my money on Celestial remasters. Were you the one that used to give the updates on Lord Finesse's stuff?

Thanks kermit, I'm going to look into that. I've also been looking for Lover's Blades, which I also saw on that site.

Guest Lei Kung

maybe their strategy is to wait for people to start bargaining with their souls for its release

Guest BKarza

Most of it is assumption. Sun Chung has things going on here with characters and music and the camera, that really, truly you get pulled in. You can follow what is happening but don't really know WHAT is being said.(unless you speak mandarin) Funny thing is, that doesn't seem to have ever bothered anyone because it's rarely mentioned.

As far as this and Lover's Blades goes, its called vhs.(vhs? what?) That's how most are watching it.

I agree with an above mentioned idea. Time to send a collective barrage of email inquiries requesting this. Daily, weekly monthly, hourly, however. Starting today. No more talk.

Guest 5th Yang

Well I sent a plead to Celestial for a TKAM release, hopefully it plays a small part in changing their so-called stategy.

I'm still dissappointed as hell though.

5th Yang

Guest lousy

Believe me, I'd be fine with VHS if I could even find that. The place I used to buy tapes from in New York closed down a while ago. They had a massive catalogue.

Most people only sell DVDs now. I figued someone would be selling a VHS transfer on DVD by now though.

Guest tino

I sent one too. Come on guys lets let them know we want this damn movie, flood them with emails.

Archived