To Kill A Mastermind **clip**

Guest 5th Yang

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest morgoth

Yeah, I had to use a very strong word to describe that amazing clip. Thanks a ton for posting it.

Guest 5th Yang

np...glad to get another fan on the Mastermind bandwagon. I've been pushing to get this released by Celestial and I hope it's still in the works.

5th Yang

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Thats the clip I saw a while back and thats the reason why I REALLY REALLY want to see this released. That choreo is tight and I am drooling just thinking about it :D

Guest BKarza

Tong Gaai's best "pure" work.(cred also to his crew of Huang Pei CHi/Yuen Wah/Yuen Bun) Not the style he usually employed, as he was dealing with talent that could actually do what the was coming up with.

The one with the rings is Lo Mang's brother.

It is playing rather fast, as the projector is going too fast. You can tell by the voices and higher than usual pitched sounds.

This is THE Yuen Wah performance. If you thought you knew what he could do, wait til you see him in this.

I'll write the words Sun Chung, just to.

Brigadier Chow

This is one of those movies that even as a crappy VHS camcorder boot, I could watch over and over. Believe me back in the early 90's when I got a hold of this one, Tigress From Shaolin, Kid From Kwangtung and Gangmaster, I was hooked. These are some releases I wish Celetial would get off their ass and remaster.

Guest 5th Yang
This is one of those movies that even as a crappy VHS camcorder boot, I could watch over and over. Believe me back in the early 90's when I got a hold of this one, Tigress From Shaolin, Kid From Kwangtung and Gangmaster, I was hooked. These are some releases I wish Celetial would get off their ass and remaster.

I feel the same way. I have not recieved a response back from Celestial in regards to TKAM so I take it that they either don't know or the original reel is non-existant. I'm only worried as a majority of the SB films have been released and we are getting to the conclusion of the catalog. Very frustrating if you asked me but hopefully they will pull through next year.

5th Yang

Guest Iron Boat

I hope u guys arent overhyping this film, I mean when reading these boards, its as if this is the greatest film of all time

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Never seen it, clip was nice. Thanks for posting it, looks like some good stuff. Nothing new or original, but still good. Choreography was fast and decent. A little bit above average IMO.

Guest sevenhooks
I have not recieved a response back from Celestial in regards to TKAM so I take it that they either don't know or the original reel is non-existant.

Or they don't care.

Guest sevenhooks
I hope u guys arent overhyping this film, I mean when reading these boards, its as if this is the greatest film of all time

I don't think it's the "greatest film of all time", but it's definitely in my Top 10 Shaw films of all time.

Easily.

Great sets, costumes, fast moving and involving plot, good perfs from all involved and of course, excellent and plentiful fights - both hand to hand and weapons.

Just a really, really good, kick ass kung fu movie from top to bottom.

And that's no hype.

Guest BKarza

Notable in that master Sun decided to cast head to toe with unknowns, Shaw background players and Tong Gaai's stunt people.

Wang Lung Wei is the "biggest" name here, with Ku Feng in a supporting role.

Guest kermit

I found out today that 'To Kill a Mastermind' will NOT be remastered and released by Celestial.

Guest 5th Yang

What! Are you sure Kermit?

That news just killed my whole day. Feels like I was just punched in the gut.

I believe you Kermit but truthfully I hope your wrong.

Quite disappointing news. I would have purchased that one and probably most others here would have.

Does anyone know if this film was 1 of the 760 that Celestial aquired?

Archived