Lo Mar and 5 Superfighters.

Guest the golden dragon

Guest the golden dragon

Whats your oppinions of this Shaw director?

What if any are some of his great Shaw movies.

5 Superfighters was inconsistant. Some of it shined where other parts were weak.

Tell me more about him and his movies.\

GD

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest jmungus

5SF is pretty darn good for what it is/attempts to be.

for me personally, some of its shortcomings do count, i just cannot bring myself to ignore them.

not the kind of movie that can make it into the "9" category; thats entirely out of question.

shortcomings i fail to forgive, thus no "8" rating....

so i give it a top "7" rating.... 77% from me to the superfighters :smokin

best of lo mars 3 (KF) movies is "monkey kf" hands down.

one of the finest kf comedies around imo.

i dont ever burst out in laughter from kf comedy jokes anyways, so it all comes down to the quality of the fighting and how quirky, uplifting and diverting the plot is coming across in general. not to forget whether they steered clear of things potentially annoying (the most subjective aspect maybe).

monkey kf delivers! i have no complaints.

watching the remastered "boxer from the temple" was an interesting experience for me.

i didnt enjoy it as much as i enjoyed it back in the day (watching the significantly cut boot).

i`ve had old copies of each of the 3 movies for many years & i used to prefer boxer over the superfighters. that has changed.

BFTT has more plot and less gung fu than its 2 brothers.

apparently i didnt care for the (now uncut) drama parts too much, otherwise BFTT wouldnt have lost its 2nd place to the 5SF.

for ppl predominantly interested in the shaws`straight kf movies (=> hung kuen/5 elements; northern&southern fist; acrobatics; animal styles etc), the 3 of them are a must.

for martial arts fans who wanna cover all the different facettes of SB`s MA movies, the 3 of them are pretty much a must as well.

for anyone into old school fu who doesnt mind/is into the lighthearted and possibly a bit silly, straight forward entertainers of the genre, these movies are recommended to being checked out/seriously considered.

Guest BKarza

Lo Mar never got deep. He kept it moving along in a pretty straight line. Most of his pictures have pretty big plot flaws and/or in the whole shibang, don't make sense. The way he does things doesn't really have you harping on it though. He did this better than just aboot everyone else imo.

He had very well shot movies that didn't focus on the glam aspect like Chor Yuen did. He also has 3 of the best choreographed fu flicks ever made imo. Lean stories and hot as fire fu. That is Lo Mar.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Love 5 Superfighters, and Monkey Kung Fu is up there as well. Boxer From The Temple was average at best. Not one Ill probably ever re-watch. But the other two a top fu flix.

Archived