Lo Mang coming to Philly?

Guest teako170

Guest teako170

Yes, that's the news I just heard.

Richard Hopkins of Phillywood Entertainment and personal friend of Lo Mang has announced that the Venom muscleman will be coming to the City of Brotherly Love this August. He will be given a lifetime achievement award for his work in Asian cinema. Richard said the dates and the event location are still being worked out and he is seeking sponsors or investors who would like to participate in this event.

www.phillywoodentertainment.com

I'm just 75 miles from Philly, so I will definitely be there. I hope some of my fellow KFF members can make the trip this summer. It will be a blast to finally meet the Toad in person.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sevenhooks

Cool news indeed.

Thanks for the info!

Couldn't find anything about it in the site though.

Please keep us updated. I'll definitely be making a trip to Philly this summer!

Guest teako170

That's cool. Looking forward to seeing you guys there. There must be a ton of collectors in the NYC/ tri-state area that can hopefully make it. A few NY/NJ posters off the top of my head are: TheManInWhite, Thekfc, ShaofuSage, Harlem Shaw?, Ozzieny, rindge, VenomsFan.

I hope some long-time posters from other necks of the woods can make it as well. If we ever needed an excuse to get together, then I can't think of a better one. We'll have ourselves a lil' KFF party. :D

Guest VenomsFan

From the press release info I'm receiving so far, I can assure you it's the real deal. There will be a press release on the Fansite in the next week or so.

Guest Harlem Shaw

"Harlem Shaw?"

Ofcourse Harlem Shaw is from NYC! Surprised You guys remembered me as I really don't post as much.... And you better beleive i'll be in philly with some cats from the Bronx and Brooklyn to meet Lo Meng. Probably my favorite Venom.

Guest teako170
There will be a press release on the Fansite in the next week or so.
Sounds good VFan. I mentioned to Richard that I plan to build a page on my site to further spread the word for this event as well. This is a golden opportunity to show LM there's a huge fanbase for these films and hopefully he will, in turn, spread the news once he returns to Hong Kong. If we have a good turn out, perhaps this can be the catalyst for even large venues down the road. I hope you can make it down from Rochester.

Glad to hear HShaw and others are on board. Spread the word folks. Let's show 'em that KFF rocks the world.

Oh, and it sounds like Ian is buying the first round? Nothing compliments a kung fu fest better than plenty of wine. Bring your credit cards boys! ;)

Guest gfanikf
Oh, and it sounds like Ian is buying the first round? Nothing compliments a kung fu fest better than plenty of wine. Bring your credit cards boys!

Buying pffh only I can make the Drunken Master Shake lol. Sounds like its going to be a fun time :)

Guest Le Peril Jaune
Richard Hopkins of Phillywood Entertainment and personal friend of Lo Mang has announced that the Venom muscleman will be coming to the City of Brotherly Love this August. He will be given a lifetime achievement award for his work in Asian cinema.

Can you tell more about this award? Is it some kind of fan award?

Guest rickhop

Hello All,

Lo Mang will be coming to Philly this coming August, 2007.

The dates and location are still being worked out.

Lo Mang will be coming to Philly to receive a lifetime achievement award for his work in the Asian cinema industry.

This award will be given to him to thank him for his contribution to the Martial arts world of cinema and how many fans and martial artist he has touched during his legendary career.

Now there will also be a martial arts film expo. I'm hoping to get enough film people and martial artist from the movies there as possible.

Now the award ceremony will be only for those that reserve

in advance because there will be limited seating at tables.

This will be a black tie event.

Media coverage and other coverage as well.

The Dallas Mavericks basketball team did a tribute to the

Venoms called 5 Mavericks Venoms which is on youtube.com.

There front office is sending us the video to show at the

award ceremony.

Trust me people Philly will be the place to be in August 2007.

This will be a historic event, don't miss the boat on this one.

You can see a photo of Lo Mang and myself at

myspace.com/105655396

Lo Mang is very excited about this event.

Long live the Venoms.

Richard A.Hopkins aka rickhop

Guest monk sante
Now the award ceremony will be only for those that reserve

Richard,

When will tickets become available?

Is this event open to the public or by invitation only?

Will there be a Photo and autograph Opportunity?

Guest teako170

Thanks for that additional info, Richard. I saw those two clips you mentioned and appreciate any fan made media that supports the Venoms. Outside of Mavericks' fans though, I'm not sure how much impact this video will create. Cutting video to a pre-established track is basic Video 101. I'm sure there will many 'non fans' attending this event and while a MTV/ESPN clip might entertain the masses for a brief moment, might I suggest something that is slightly more educational?

The fan made documentary by VFan would not only entertain but also enlighten many on the lore of the Venoms. I believe this doc would leave them with something much more than they could ever get from an NBA highlight reel. I don't know the legalities of showing such a production at this venue but it might be something to look into. Food for thought...

Guest rickhop

Yes,

The ceremony is by reservation only and seating will be limited because of media.

This is also a banquet which is covered by the reservation.

The first four tables are for vips only.

This award banquet will be $120.00

Any more info that you might need please contact me.

Regards,

rickhop

Guest Isfahani

Great. Probably this is most of the ppls chance to actually ever meet the guy, and we're being shut out.

Just Great.

Thanks for looking out for the fans, man. >:

Guest monk sante

Right, why so much? I thought this was for the fans? I mean how often do we have an opportunity to meet a Shaw Brothers movie star? :rolleyes

Guest VenomsFan

Rickhop be patient with releasing the info. Alot of us, rightfully so are very anxious. You guys be patient too, there are different costs to this thing. That's why it's better to wait for a written and approved press release as opposed to going on everything you see in a forum post.

teako I see you! And you know I'm there.

"We've eaten and we're drunk... Now how about a try at your kung fu?"

Guest teako170
The ceremony is by reservation only and seating will be limited because of media.

This is also a banquet which is covered by the reservation.

The first four tables are for vips only.

This award banquet will be $120.00

Hmm, how much for bleacher seats? :\

But seriously, any info you can provide for the average fan is most welcome: photo ops, autograph sessions, etc. (as monk sante mentioned.)

I understand there are financial needs to be met and planning such an event can be costly but please keep in mind the man on the street. These are the individuals who have supported these films for 10-20-30 years.

As many an actor has stated: "If it weren't for the fans, I would've been out of work a long time ago."

Guest monk sante

I really hope there will be some cheaper seats available for us fans, otherwise this will be very dissapointing.

Last year I was lucky enough to meet the master killer himself....Gordon Liu and guess what the cost was.....$20.00. Yup, lets see what I got out of it....photos, autograph, Video, kung fu demo by the Beijing Wu Shu team, Hung Gar Form performed by Gordon himself and a wonderful conversation with him as well. It would be nice to meet Lo Mang under these same circumstances.:rolleyes

The people have spoken. $120 is pricey and lets face it not many people outside of our cult following know who the heck this guy is. I'm not even a big venoms fan, but for the right price (which is not 120) myself and I bet many others would make the trek to Philly.

Are you open to kicking around ideas on how to make this more affordable for others? Initial interest seems to be quite high. With the right pricing I'd bet you would sell the house out!!!

Good luck!

Rindge

Archived