14 Amazons at FANTASIA FILM FESTIVAL

Guest fusheng007

Guest fusheng007

14 Amazons-New restored 35mm print

will be screened at Fantasia Film Festival in Montreal, Canada

This is 1st ever international screening in over 20 years. The only other one was HK, France and Cannes Festival(2006)

www.fantasiafestival.com

www.youtube.com/watch?v=x...4(ORIGINAL TRAILER)

www.fantasiafestival.com/...php?id=217

The physical CATALOG will be available on FRIDAY and tickets on sale on Tuesday July 3

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest drunkenmantis13

I missed Fantasia again last year. I`d like to go this year, specially if there`s a few good Shaws...Wonder what the others will be.

Guest fusheng007

Yes, unfortunately it will be only shaw film.

We had too many films this year. There were some films I wanted to show but Celestial has a new policy where they only allowed us to show new prints.

But we're also showing from vintage stuff

One Armed Boxer(Golden Harvest)

divertissement.sympatico....ArmedBoxer

Vintage Trailer(Saturday July 21)

Lady Avenger+Taiwan Black Movies(about the Taiwanese exploitation films)(Saturday July 7 at 7pm)

any info on how to get a copy of Taiwanese Black Films ie is it out dvd anywhere? I've been looking to see this for quite a while. Also is Woman Avenger the uncut subbed print or the dubbed version? FYI, the dubbed version is cut quite a bit. Speaking of, is this same uncut print for 14 Amazons that played Cannes?

Guest fusheng007

Taiwan Black Movies is not available on DVD anywhere.

We are having the North American premiere

The Lady Avenger is digi-beta copy take from a 35mm print. The film will be in Mandarin with English subtitles.

Taiwan Black Movies is not available on DVD anywhere. We are having the North American premiere.

I'll have to take my friend up on that screener copy then. Glad to hear the Woman Avenger will be from a subbed print. I know you guys will do the film justice.

Guest fusheng007

It's Fantasia's mandate to always get the version that best represents the original version.

Let me know if you're in town.

Guest HAZ74

This year's line up looks mega. If people are looking to come up for Fantasia, give me a shout. I manage a University student residence & can hook you up with a nice place to stay for cheap.

h

Guest tylerpistol

This is the second year I'm missing Fantasia, due to relocating to Calgary. At my first Fantasia I took in "Golden Swallow" with my unsuspecting cousin, and it was such an amazing atmosphere. Everyone gets so riled up! It turns into an audience participation event.

Wish I could be there for this.

Guest fusheng007

Best crowd reaction for a Shaw film at Fantasia was Executioners from Shaolin, especially the end with the death of Pai Mei, everybody cheered like crazy.

8 Diagram Pole Fighter was also memorable especially the pole fighting with Gordy and Philip Ko and of course when the monks smashed the teeth of Mongols.

I am sure this year the audience will love One Armed Boxer,(Golden Harvest) it's such a wild film and people will love 14 Amazons as well.

Guest Bidou Laloge

is lady avenger = woman avengers ?

lady avenger directed by Yang Chia-Yun

and The woman avenger directed by Lee Tso-Nam

because from what i read lady avenger is boring and woman avenger is real good, don't want to pay for that if its lady avenger

ill miss it this year again ill be in europe for a month for vacation..the last show i saw at fantasia was 8 diagram pole fighter

Guest fusheng007

Keep in mind the guy said it was boring watched it on his home video.

Lady Avenger runs a very tight 84minutes.

Archived