Clan Feuds WTF?

Guest sevenhooks

Guest sevenhooks

Okay, I've seen this movie once already.

I did like it. Fast moving, lot's of fun, great cast.

But can someone PLEASE tell me WTF is actually going on here?? :\

Within 10 minutes I'm lost.

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I couldn't stand it. If something doesn't do it for me, I usually leave it at that and don't go into rip mode.

I think the main problem with it, was that it was done in "comic book" mode. Meaning, everything and I mean everything happened so convieniently. That got annoying quick and never let up.

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Just watched this one and thought it was alot of fun. There was plenty of great action sequences. Quite a few group battles that were very well done with a great cast. I agree that the story is all over the place. I believe it was another story adapted from a Ku Lung novel. It felt like they tried to fit a long complicated novel with 100 different twists into a 90 min film. Way too much going on, coulda made 3 films outta the content they crammed into this one. And the way all the various characters were connected gota little ridiculous by the end of the film. It did have some great colorful characters and villians though. From the blind assassin to the white haired villian with the poison palm and blood sucking sword. Dont try to follow the plot too closely, just sit back and enjoy the great action and characters.

Guest Tosh

I really liked this movie, sometimes when I get lost in these (usually clan) films I just sit back and let it work itself out by the end, I've learned to do this in some of the Samurai films that have a hundred characters coming and going.

The whole Trans-sexual subplot was really something for that era... Just watched it again for a second time and understand the plot a bit better... Yueh Hua was something else; literally killing at any cost to accomplish his objective.

Nora Miao...:rolleyes:

TheManInWhite

"The whole Trans-sexual subplot was really something for that era... Just watched it again for a second time and understand the plot a bit better... Yueh Hua was something else; literally killing at any cost to accomplish his objective."

I think you might be mistaken here. Yueh Hua is in Killer Clans, and not Clan Feuds.

he might be confusing that with clans of intrigue

Damn, you're right OS, I totally screwed that up! Sorry for the mix up. Clan of Intrigue was the film I'm speaking on, and I've mixed up my Clan flicks...:o

Sorry, wrong thread. My Bad.

Just watched this and if I had to sum this movie up in one word it would be: clusterfuck

So much shit was going on but i agree there were some colorful characters to say the least. I dunno bout you but id be damn if i pinch hit on getting quartered. That guy must have had a shitty life to agree to go thru that. Lo Meng plays the "im an oblivious, headstrong, pussywhipped" character to a T. Nice to see him use a weapon for a change. I really liked Ko Fei's character. its too bad we didnt see more of him. The guy with the poision hand and blood sucking sword reminded me of chan wai man's character in deadly breaking sword from a distance. Lastly, of course, is the 6 degrees of separation between ti lung, sun chien, and that one chick. This movie had too many ideas in one movie syndrome. At least there was plenty of action thru out the movie

Just watched this and if I had to sum this movie up in one word it would be: clusterfuck

So much shit was going on but i agree there were some colorful characters to say the least. This movie had too many ideas in one movie syndrome. At least there was plenty of action thru out the movie

The film was based on a novel and there's also a popular tv series based on this story as well. oldschool17, I posted a review for this with a scene by scene description that details EVERYTHING that happens. If you've time to spare, that might help you make heads or tails of what's going on. Ko Fei's character was kick ass. I like how he was talking to his dying partner, "I can't see your beautiful face, but I can touch it with my bloody hand", and killing bad guys at the same time.

I would have fleshed out the review more, but I was exhausted after having to decipher the movie.:P

The film was based on a novel and there's also a popular tv series based on this story as well. oldschool17, I posted a review for this with a scene by scene description that details EVERYTHING that happens. If you've time to spare, that might help you make heads or tails of what's going on. Ko Fei's character was kick ass. I like how he was talking to his dying partner, "I can't see your beautiful face, but I can touch it with my bloody hand", and killing bad guys at the same time.

I would have fleshed out the review more, but I was exhausted after having to decipher the movie.:P

I am sorry everyone who doesn't like it BUT THIS IS MY FAVORITT CLAN MOVIE !!

If you have the chance read the novel first ! I understand it appears complex but after you have seen or read a lot of the clan stories It becomes very basic & you can basically pre guess everything since it is all very typical.

The saddest thing is how they shortened the ending :cry: !! Otherwise it is a CLASSIC SHAW CLAN MOVIE !!!

Xiexie Athena

Secretmember
I am sorry everyone who doesn't like it BUT THIS IS MY FAVORITT CLAN MOVIE !!

If you have the chance read the novel first ! I understand it appears complex but after you have seen or read a lot of the clan stories It becomes very basic & you can basically pre guess everything since it is all very typical.

The saddest thing is how they shortened the ending :cry: !! Otherwise it is a CLASSIC SHAW CLAN MOVIE !!!

Xiexie Athena

I like it , lots of great action ! All around good clan movie ,Don't know if it has SHAPES or not ??! :wink: Man Athena , I can't get over that shapes universe deal ! Weirdest shit (pardon my language ) I have ever read on this forum !

Morgoth Bauglir

I enjoyed it, but it moved way too fast for me. And I like my movies fast paced. I guess I should learn Chinese and read the book. I'll tell you what I think in about 10 years from now Athena:tongue:.

Archived