Shaw Brothers and Wing Chun?

Guest Steve Barr

Guest Steve Barr

Is there a Shaw Brothers film which showcases Wing Chun?

Shaolin Executioners had a little, as did Shaolin Martial Arts (AKA Hung Gar and Wing Chun).

Shaolin Temple had a bit more, but not all that much.

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chen Zhen

Invincible Shaolin features a lil wing chun, altho its nothing special in that movie.......renowned wing chun expert Leung Ting was an action director, so its more than likely he choreographed th ewing chun sequences. altho for the best on screen wing chun, nobody did it better than Sammo.

Guest Chinatown Kid

What style was it that Beardy did in Shaolin Martial Arts? Whatever it was, it scared the @#%$ out of that girl when she saw him in the nude and it must have prevented him from having sex. Ku Feng seemed to practice a similar style in Bruce and the Iron Finger. That's one style I want no part of! :eek

Guest CLFNole

Beardy was doing some type of iron shirt/iron body/golden bell chi kung used along with his fighting.

Guest rindge

It amazed me and my WC sifu to find out that Beardy did not know WC or any style of kung-fu. I know we have discussed this previously - but he really came across as a natural. Amazing what happens when you mix natural talent with great action director - Sammo had beardy looking his best.

Archived