Need help finding movie

Guest avenging eagle

Guest avenging eagle

Hey y'all..Newbie here. Been a fan of the Shaw Brothers flicks since I was a kid growing up in chinatown and watching all them flicks at the local theaters that are so long gone. I am trying to find this one movie. I think it stars Alexander Fu Sheng. The "hero" carries throwing knives/daggers on a steel thigh holster that he uses as a weapon at the end of the movie when he runs out of his knives. The knives look pretty kool too. They have a circle on the handle that the hero could spin around. Anyone familar with this one?? thanks

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest CLFNole

No not Avenging Eagle - in that Fu Sheng has sleeve knives in his shoes that attached to a holder on each wrist. No throwing knives in this one.

Could it be Life Gamble? I just have a very faint memory of this but Fu Sheng has throwing knives in it. Can someone else confirm this?

avenging eagle, if it is Life Gamble dont rush and buy a bootleg because the real deal celestial dvd is coming soon.

Guest avenging eagle

Hey guys, thanks for the assistance. I've seen snippets from Life Gamble and I don't recall the venom gang in it. The throwing knives...do they have a finger hole on the handle and are they kept in a thigh holster that the character uses at the end as a weapon?

Again, I've seen this movie probably over 25 years ago but Life Gamble does not sound familar. Yeah, I heard Celestial is coming out with a remastered Life Gamble so I may just have to wait, unless I hit up some of the chinese dvd stores in my neck of the woods.....

Life Gamble huh??.....hmmm

Guest Kwok Choi

Avenging eagle you chose the right user name as you are tough to convince which is not a bad thing;we like that here it keeps us on our toes.

Ok though the movie is vague in your mind,it is really Life Gamble but it seems the title you know of could be one of it's alternatives.I last saw it (actually projected it) in a theatre also probably at the same time you last saw it but all you mentioned in the post above happens in Life Gamble.All the main Venoms except Sun Chien (can't remember if Wei Pai had a role) are in this movie.Lo Mang is the one who throws the knives he has them strapped on like Yu Tai Ping in Two Champions Of Shaolin.Fu Sheng is the one who has the thigh holster knives.The link below will decide if Life Gamble is the movie you are looking for or not.Scroll down the posts in the link.If nothing rings a bell then it might not be Life Gamble.Cheers and enjoy.

p081.ezboard.com/fkungfuf...=1&stop=20

Guest avenging eagle

Kwok Choi...You are indeed an OG. I am 80% convinced but I guess I'll have to wait for the release from cellestial. It would be nice to add that one to the collection. Thanks again....and if I have another movie that needs convincing, I'll know to throw it your way.. :rollin

Guest avenging eagle

Magicpoe,

The clip does not look familiar but good clip though. I must be getting old cuz my memory is fading. I don't remember the knives being so cheesy looking. Guess I'll just have to wait, but thank you guys for the assistance. AE

Archived