RZA>Andy Klein 36th Chamber Commentary

Guest gfanikf

Guest killer meteor

Frankly, I prefer a decent set of liner notes or a small documentary to a commentary. The only commentary I've really enjoyed to the point where I can repeatedly listen to it is Scott McQueen's very well researched and presented commentary for the 1925 Phantom Of The Opera

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest The Running Man
it was pretty clear to myself and other forum members of ur implications. otherwise we wouldnt be having this discussion.

We are having this discussion because you keep pushing at it.

Trust me, if I wanted to lash insults at everyone, I wouldn't have thought twice.

Don't twist my words around man.

And hey Austin Jones, you look really sad in that picture. Kinda strange though you don't want anyone to feed you.

I mean, are you sure you don't want us to give you at least a little something to munch on? You look a bit unhealthy ya know? ;)

Guest The Running Man

I'll be the first to try to get things back on track.

I like puppies. They're so f'n cute. Who's with me? :D

Guest Markgway
u should do a commentary marky mark, that would be worht the purchase alone

The first ever Scot to do an Asian Cinema commentary I would presume? ;)

I don't believe you've made blunders at the level where you make big rants about how Harvey Weinstien is right for what he does and people who think otherwise don't really know what they are talking about and are just simple fanboys.

That's true. I did curse Bey out for that one.

Logan is far from the best I heard. Aside from many commentary tracks from film makers and actors I have heard, tons of other tracks for other discs ranging from experts like on those Criterion discs or even those Artsmagic releases from Tom Mes and Jaspar Sharp.

I was limiting my scope to Asian audio commentaries -- and on that score Bey is the best; not that I've heard much in the way of competition (just some of the guys HKL used, etc)

EDIT: Actually, I like John Carpenter's audio commentaries, especially when he's paired with Kurt Russell. These guys are a hoot together.

Guest Chen Zhen

word up. i apologize running man, that ish was childish of me.

now back to our regular scheduled program.....

Guest Mantis FIST

Im like 40 minutes in to the commentery and so far so good. RZA, you can tell, is excited to be doing this! Great passion he has! I dont mind Andy either. While he does not know as much as RZA he at least admits to that.

Guest Mantis FIST

Just finished listening to the commentary track on 36 chambers. I thought it was good. Man, RZA was really inspired from this movie...

Anyone else dig this?

Guest mr HKmovie

I felt like I was doing the commentary as I listened to RZA. Just substitute Philly for NYC in my case. The dance move he talked about being taken from 36th Chamber, I had always thought was taken from Crippled Avengers. Kuo Chui does the move without wires, just like the Kid N' Play do it. Who else but him could have brought that kind of insight into the commentary?

Guest Mantis FIST

Yo what up mr hk? I agree totally with what you are saying!!! RZA is the MAN on this disc! I guess I am bais as he is my favorite hip-hop producer EVER! And Wu-Tang Clan is my all time favorite hip-hop group!!! So.... HA!

Archived