Any interest in helping fact check a David Chiang/Ti Lung YouTube video of mine?

WCJVC

Hello! Sorry if this is the wrong section to post something like this. I debated on a few possibilities, but figured this seemed like a safe spot? Please let me know if I got it wrong!

Anyway, I have a super small YouTube channel called Weird Cinema and I usually do deep dives on films from various genres. Recently, I had started reading about David Chiang and Ti Lung and their less than amicable split. While I don't think anyone knows the full blown truth to what happened between those two, I did start digging into it as much as I can. I'm not as well versed in Kung Fu as many on this board, though I've of course been a fan since forever. So, I'm really trying to avoid adding anything to this video that would piss off those who I hope to entertain with it.

The video is 24 minutes in length right now. I know that's probably a little long, but I promise I did my best to keep the pacing up and I hope it won't be boring! In the video I cover the histories of Ti Lung, David Chiang, some info about Jimmy Wang Yu and the climate at Shaw Studios, etc. a brief rundown of both actors' time at Shaw and the eventual split - including a lot of the rumors that I've found + the stuff that I've found on the Chinese side of the net that I managed to get translated.

If anyone is interested, I'll send a message with the link.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Sorry I can't help with your question but Kenny Omega BC FTW! :D

Is this your channel - https://www.youtube.com/@weirdcinemashow/videos?

I'm going to watch some of those vids as they look pretty interesting and right up my street! :thumbsup

Hell yeah! My favorite era of Bullet Club :)

And yes, that’s the channel! I cover a lot of genre cinema. Hoping to cover a little more old school Kung fu, but do find it’s tricky because of all the rumors that float around and not as much substantiated information in terms of a lot of the exact history and such. At least, I ran into that a lot while studying up on the differences that Ti Lung and David Chiang have had.

• Buddha Bless You 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, WCJVC said:

Hell yeah! My favorite era of Bullet Club :)

And yes, that’s the channel! I cover a lot of genre cinema. Hoping to cover a little more old school Kung fu, but do find it’s tricky because of all the rumors that float around and not as much substantiated information in terms of a lot of the exact history and such. At least, I ran into that a lot while studying up on the differences that Ti Lung and David Chiang have had.

You could try the Shaw Bros section. Some of the Kung Fu experts around here might be able to help. :)

https://www.kungfufandom.com/forum/7-shaw-brothers/