Sammo Films OG Dub

Battojutsu

Battojutsu

Can anyone give me a heads-up if these sammo films feature and old school english dub or not? (some are slighty out of the bracket but I thought pointless to make a new topic in the later section)

Slickers vs. Killers
Touch and Go
Pantyhose Hero
Encounters of the Spooky Kind II
The Fortune Code
Paper Marriage
Where's Officer Tuba?
The Owl vs Bombo
Carry on Pickpocket
By Hook or By Crook
Filthy Guy as The Filthy Guy
Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog
Enter the Fat Dragon

thanks in advance

• Like 1

Omni Dragon

First of all welcome to KFF.

I know Enter the Fat Dragon has an English dub:

Also, Filthy Guy:

As for the others while I've not come across English dubs for them, I wouldn't be surprised if they have or had English dubs.

English dubs were a big part of the exporting process, even beyond the English-speaking world as it was often easier for some countries to translate from English rather than Chinese. They were often the version used to sell to exhibitors at film markets as well.

Finding out about the original English dubs for The Big Boss and Rumble in the Bronx, that Hong Kong TV stuff dubbed into English for export to Indonesia plus other things, makes me think there's a lot more missing dubs out there than we realise,

I do think the ones with involvement from the bigger studios, like Golden Harvest and D & B, likely would have had English dubs commissioned for them. I'm less sure about the other studios, like Gar Bo in the case of Dirty Tiger, Crazy Frog. I also wonder if for some of those movies it was felt the comedy wouldn't translate. Although that didn't seem to stop them dubbing other strange comedies if they had big action sequences.

Battojutsu

Thanks very much dude, while I enjoy Kung Fu films subbed my preference and main enjoyment is from the old school dubs. 

• Like 1