Thai Shaw DVD question

Guest andras

Guest andras

I have searched here and on Google but couldn't find anything on the censorship issues of the Thai versions of Shaw Brothers films.

All I know is that they are downconverted on dvd-5,but that's not an issue on the titles I want to pick up (New Tales of Flying Fox,Black Magic...) since they were single-layer in HK anyway. I need info from people who actually bought some of those Thai releases that includes violence/sex (like Black magic) and confirm to me that they are uncut or not.

I want to place an order at www.thaicdexpress.com and need a certain amount of titles to fill in my Fed Ex package.

Thanx in advance!

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest BKarza

I have bought a number of the Thai Shaw dvds. The Celestial ones are the exact cuts as the HK ones. The difference was in packaging, audio(Thai and mandarin...no cantonese) and no extras.

As far as violence goes, I can't speak on Black Magic but, I got 3 of the Lone Wolf and Cub titles. They are the Thai versions done by Animego. Not a thing cut and those are full of violence and some nudity.

Guest Brown Mang

HKflix has these Thai Shaw dvds, United Home Entertainment region 0.

Are these unofficial/bootlegs? I heard to avoid region 0 stuff, but there's a few titles I would like.

Im also asking because I would hate to buy these if UHE is like PanMedia, bad all around.

Thanks.

And Hi, Im new. Hope you got room for one more.

Guest johnnydragon

Thai's are cut for nudity on some vcds and dvds I have from United Home, they have a lic to put out shaws. why not get the China DVD-9 releases nothing cut on the titles I have quality is just under IVL from what I heard they are R0.

Hkfx is selling them for 9.99. I get them from Buy Yo for

like $3.23ea U.S plus shipping and they give you these dollars

you can use to buy more stuff or put towards shipping.

DDD house good as well. for U.S stuff DVD Pacific

the new Crash Masters 8.23 and fusain 5.53 and shipping

like a dollar 1.55 for 2 DVD's! in the U.S if you didn't know now you know!

Guest andras

Got them Thai Shaws,they are uncut all right (Black Magic too),packaging is superior to the HK versions having a high res original poster art reproduced inside (sure beats a slipcase).

So now You know.

So basically they're only worth getting if the intended audio is mandarin and IVL was a DVD5? I bought The One Armed Swordsman years ago and it looked pretty crappy so i've steered clear since.

Archived