My tribute of fu sheng

Guest Ching li

Guest Ching li

I am having a little marathon of fu sheng movies as i discovered that 24 years ago on this date he lost his life in a car accident. I always wondering what he would have been doing had he lived. RIP fu sheng, your memories and movies will live on

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Chinatown Kid

A great charismatic star who left this world far too soon, may you rest in peace Fu Sheng.

Guest teako170

Wow time flies. I felt like I responded to a similar thread just the other month -- when in fact it was probably a year ago. Haven't been watching much kung lately but decided to pop in a Fu Sheng film this evening to pay my respects.

I first re-watched the Elegant Trail doc on him and then watched My Rebellious Son.

What an entertaining movie!

A good mix of fighting styles (kung fu, Kendo, weapons, western boxing, etc.) shot su-perb-ly by Sun Chung. The Ku Feng/Fu Sheng collaboration as father/son was outstanding. The "vampire" scene was a blast - as was the dancing sequence (very Jackie Chanesque). I definitely recommend this film.

my-rebellious-son-fu-sheng-et-son-fantome-de-ku-feng_8bea6810c71b441da865746e303f2ae9.jpg

RIP Fu Sheng - thanks for the enjoyable evening.

Guest avenging eagle

Yes indeed...he was my fav of the shaw stars. Grew up watching him and started my collection of shaw flicks with him starring in them. RIP Alexander Fu Sheng.

Guest stormybman

To me, Fu Sheng represented everything positive about the direction HK fims were heading with his talents. Taken far too soon, it's great that his legacy is from the era of the " real " talented artists, and his was second to none. Everytime I view a film of his, it's amazing how I find myself watching the subtleties, he brought to the screen. He will forever be Fang Siu Yi to me. RIP, Fu Sheng, thanks for allowing your star to shine in our silver-screened skies, if only for a moment. :D

P.S., how about a bio, on this legend? :)

Guest JustAFan

Do you think he would have want'd to out try Hollywood? or do you think he would have gone Yuen Biao's route with that?

I alway's felt he would have done pretty well for himself over here in the states. Either way he is one of my all time favorites, can't help but love him

Guest peringaten

His Shaolin Cycle showings alone just scream instant legend status. He eats up the screen in Disciples Of Shaolin for one with a true youthful dynamic wonder - not to mention the rest.

IIRC that Rarescope Showdown At Cotton Mill release has an interview with Chi Kuan Chun where he states he didn't properly learn acting until after leaving Chang Cheh's Cycle showings; CC directing with simple pre-learnt numbered reaction instructions instead of explaining motivations and the like, a bit of fear of the old fella on the performers' part concentrating them to figure it for themselves somewhat or straight up follow simple instruction off the back of this... makes one wonder how hands on CC was with Fu Sheng considering just how dynamic and charismatic he was on screen; how much of it was Fu Sheng just digging the situation and really going for it off his own merit on top of any direction (CC at a peak regardless of method at this time) - the confidence and skill Fu Sheng exudes from these early performances from the off is PHENOMENAL - seriously just retake Disciples and marvel... he makes even sitting at a table a joy to watch - springing onto the seat, just giving it his all - let alone the rest - fighting, general focus, playful nature, confidence and bravura when need be. Seeing the guy showcasing LKL's Hung Gar teachings especially at the beginning of DoS (iron wire fist set or something? Not too up on those specifics) to those eventual music swells is as good as it gets imo. Deep.

He really was one of the good ones. They don't come greater. Forgetting some of the muggier performances (still endearing), the guy romances me like no other at his best; I mean that in the straightest way possible, there's just no other way to describe it. I love this man. R.I.P.

Archived