So, how many Celestials do you Own

Guest THE BASTARD

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just started collecting a few months ago so I only have about 30-40 Celestial IVL's right now.

I plan on getting alot more though when I can!

gravedigger666

147..I will collect complete library of IVL Shaw Wu Xia&Kung-Fu before set my sight into independent productions of which I have now less than 10...

Righteous Master

Why don't you all pool your money together and buy the originals form Celestial. That MIGHT actually be cheaper.

gravedigger666
Why don't you all pool your money together and buy the originals form Celestial. That MIGHT actually be cheaper.

in theory yes,they would surely give good price for thousands dvds.But sending dvds forward(+to another countries) would eat quite a lot savings.

The Amazing Psycho Per

Around 35, mostly Lau Kar Leung and Venoms stuff, and that's pretty much where it will stop for me... There's maybe a handfull of titles that I would consider to add to my collection. Guess I'm not as hardcore as you guys!

I think I stopped counting after 100, so as to divorce myself from the reality of how much money I've spent on 30-40 year old kung fu movies :) I don't THINK I'm over 200 yet....

The Amazing Psycho Per

Of all the dedicated people here, If we pooled all our money together, we could probably start our own DVD label and remaster the titles they didn't... And the funniest thing is that I am probably right, It could be done... With all the material each own individually, those dvds could be packed with extras. Ah well...

One can never have too many titles!... The question is do you have enough money to get all the titles you want?!:rolleyes:

At least that's the problem I see myself having... Damn these bills, groceries, utilities, RENT! Lol.

:D

I've just been sad and counted them.

Dvd - 355

Vcd - 10

I've still not seen about 50 of the dvd's and none of the vcd's... yet.

I need a few more of the swordplay titles. I've been sticking to the films I'm most familiar with first, then the recommendations.

There are sooo many I've never seen before, it's really fun backtracking through history visiting these films for the first time.:cool:

There are sooo many I've never seen before, it's really fun backtracking through history visiting these films for the first time.:cool:

Right on man, I have a friend thats a big movie buff tell me thats why he doesn't want to get to much into these movies as there's so many of them to go back through, For me that's the best part:D

335 Shaw movies: 35 DVDs, and 300 IVL VCDs, most of those picked up at, or ordered from, Sun Entertainment in SF Chinatown. These are mostly action movies with a few Chinese operas. The horror titles aren't really my style, but I did see a few at the Great Star Theater in its heyday.

About 10 weeks before Christmas, Royal Mail helped get to meeeee:

I could have sworn I had about 40 IVLs! I've now got 19...

4 Media Blasters

1 Dragon Dynasty

...and the one (odd) release by AVP of 'Drunken Monkey'.

I have about 140 SB DVDS all Celestial Pictures stuff,all the DD and company stuff didnt come out until after I got to China.I pick up as much as i can over here and plant o get a whole lot more when i get back to Vancouver.

Archived