GHOST KILLER - Dir. Kensuke Sonomura [2024] (Japan)

Yihetuan

PandaPawPaw

Sounds good! Comedy with MA is right up my street!

Thinking about it, I don't think I've seen many if any J-MA flicks apart from Baby Assassins. Lots of J-action (guns, Yakuza etc) but nothing much with hand to hand combat.

• Like 1

Drunken Monk

This has quickly become my most anticipated martial arts film of 2024/2025. Sonomura is an absolute genius and while I didn't love Bad City, i'm always excited to see what he does next.

• Like 2

Yihetuan
12 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

Sounds good! Comedy with MA is right up my street!

Thinking about it, I don't think I've seen many if any J-MA flicks apart from Baby Assassins. Lots of J-action (guns, Yakuza etc) but nothing much with hand to hand combat.

But that tweet is incorrect. It's not his directorial debut though -- what about HYDRA and BAD CITY?

PandaPawPaw
10 hours ago, Yihetuan said:

But that tweet is incorrect. It's not his directorial debut though -- what about HYDRA and BAD CITY?

shrug.gif

I have no idea. :P

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

For the YouTube crowd ;)

I really do love the Baby Assassins style of MA. I hadn't seen that type of style before and it was the first time in a while where I was like wow that looks so good and snug and not just wild punches/kicks.

That trailer looked awesome too! Looking forward to this!

4 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I really do love the Baby Assassins style of MA. I hadn't seen that type of style before and it was the first time in a while where I was like wow that looks so good and snug and not just wild punches/kicks.

That trailer looked awesome too! Looking forward to this!

I'm pretty sure Kensuke Sonomura uses a variation of the "Zero Range Combat System" for his movies; first introduced by Tak Sakaguchi in 'RE:Born'.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
31 minutes ago, laagi said:

I'm pretty sure Kensuke Sonomura uses a variation of the "Zero Range Combat System" for his movies; first introduced by Tak Sakaguchi in 'RE:Born'.

What! There's a zero inch! That's like the micro penis of shoves!!