5 Deadly Venoms Movie Remake - Exciting Developments

Guest The Silent Flute

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

Yeah Kirk Wong is supposedly going to direct this. If he envisions this to be a chinese xmen, this kind of defeats the purpose of a remake. I mean the venoms were never mutants for christ sake. If you wanted to make a chinese xmen kinda movie, great. But to call it a remake of the five venoms thats absolutely absurd. Supposedly filming for this starts in september and a release is slated late next year.

Guest kungfusamurai

LOL! I can see it now, they all really spew venom. Snake guy slithers along the ground; Toad inflates his neck, like Bruce Liang in Kung Fu Hustle; Centipede has 100 arms and legs...

KFS

Guest kungfusamurai
It's good to remake this film because what will happen is that more people will be exposed to the films

Do you mean the HK people or the westerners? From what I understand, the HK people don't give a rats-ass about old films. Once a film has run it's course, it's yesterdays news. It's mainly due to the efforts of non-HK people that old films are being appreciated again. I'm not hating on the HK, just I think as a population, the percentage of people there nostalgic for old films is probably a fraction of a percent compared to similar people in the USA, Canada or the UK.

KFS

Guest THE BASTARD

I think i like the idea it's coming out no matter what you guys say. This movie is to be released in the

fourth quarter of 2008 hope you guys are around to see it. You guys keep on saying you will pass

but i know you guys, and so i know youll take your hard hat off by then and be the first ones to rent it!

You guys are right "Cool is in" in Japan and Korean and even China everyone has flair even down

down to the beggar on the street who walks with a limp not because he has a problem with his

leg... but because ''he's pimpin''. Cool hair is in big time.

Any of you people here like Dragon Tiger Gate? I think the way they let the young people come in

put a lot of fire and power into the film ''in a cool way'' of course. Rebellion, Reckless in a cool way.

Untamed like lions, wild... Sometimes it works. To tell you the truth im just glad get li is not in this

film. Nothing against Jet Li, he Jet Li if you read my post hold it down nigga,

Peace

Guest morgoth

Jet Li shoulda played the Centipede in this movie. But since it is probably gonna be mostly special effects, the action will probably be extremely heavy in wires and very little hand to hand. I will go into it with low expectations, so hopefully it will surprise me.

Guest Chen Zhen
Any of you people here like Dragon Tiger Gate

dont kno about the rest of u, but i thought that movie was waaaaaack.....very few redeeming parts in that abomination of a film..

and i think i'll pass on this venoms remake. i thought Andy Lau was supposed to star in it....?

Guest Chinatown Kid

Remakes usually pale in comparison to the original and I'm sure this film is no exception. One of the main reasons I watch martial arts films is to watch people with "real" martial arts skills and athletic talent show off their stuff on screen. When a non-martial artist and unskilled athletic actor is cast in a martial arts film it's usually a turn off and it comes off looking "phoney", so it's hard for me to get excited about this film looking at the majority of the cast. I will still be open minded enough to watch it when it comes out but I will have low expectations.

Guest THE BASTARD

av138749.gif

Nuff Said Oldschool i agree with you but i was only joking once while you have had this ridiculous avatar for months! :rollin

Guest pressureworld
Im a believer in somethings are best left untouched. Do any of these actors have a background in martial arts or are they fresh off the singing/modeling circuit?

man this is going to be a joke something's are left untouched I have no interest in this

Guest venomchamber
I like ugly opera-trained people and the like with real skills kicking ass and dark plottings.

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one................I'll stick with the original thank you
:x

My Words EXACTLY!

'nuff said!

Guest THE BASTARD

Bla Bla Bla... Dont be asking for it when i get it on my trade list bitch!

Oh... Oh... we dont want this... we dont want this. We love the 5 Venoms we hate that Celestial

got off in just 3 years with a Remake. Whine Whine wHINE.. YOU KNOW YOU GUYS LOVE IT.

U dont fool me with your hard nose Kung Fu stance. Blaaa

Guest Chen Zhen

lol, ur setting urself to be let down big time homie

the actors are simply not talented enough to make such a remake as colorful and entertaining as the original.

the reason Fist of Legend was a great remake, was because the cast was capable of doing bruce's classic justice.

there is a 1% chance that it will exceed the original

there is a 9% chance that it will equal the original

there is a 90% chance that it wont be as good

but i'll probably see it....i'll just wait till theres a torrent :)

Guest The Silent Flute

Wow what a response. I disagree with most i think the film will be good for the genre and re-vamp shaw brothers

for new and old alike. Espcecially with the NEWS of Flying Guillotine also being re-made. I do not hold such a

grudge against the movie as most seem to be doing however i do wish the cast was a little older.

Then again when the Five original Deadly Venoms made the movie in 78 they were not much older than these 5

at all. Most of them have a martial arts and acting experience in hong kong because of TVB. Wu Jing for example

has been been a devout martial artist since the age of Five.

Wu Jing age 5

wu-jing-03.jpg

I disagree with most i think the film will be good for the genre

Are you sure it will be made within the genre?

I fear this remake might have CGI written all over it.

Guest peringaten

I have a horrible feeling this will do for the 5 Venoms what Chinese Tall Story did for the Monkey King legend...

Guest rindge

Just a couple of points:

Chen: was Fist of Legend a remake of Lee's film or was it a remake of Legend of a fighter with Leung Kar Yan? I'm not sure which one came 1st, but Leung's movie was much better than Bruce's.

Chinatown Kid: not all of the shaw artists were opera trained. Case in point - Leung Kar Yan had no MA skills, but he fooled everybody - myself included. I don't think D. Chiang had any skills either.

All that being said, like most of you I'm not interested in a pretty boy venom film. Why does Iron Monkey come to mind.

Guest BKarza

Many of the late 70s early 80s stars were opera trained as the focus switched to the opera guys/choreographers/doubles/stunt guys as stars. Before then many had no MA background(Kar Yan, most of the women, Jimmy Wang, Lo Lieh, etc). Many became MA after years with Shaws(Kar Leung's closed door students).

Some had previous MA experience(Ti Lung/wing chun, Kuan Tai/monkey, Kuan Chun/hung ga, Wai Man/kickboxing).

There are many variations of the Fok, LoaF, FoL, Chinese Connection story. I think FoL was pushed as a Lee remake though.

Guest The Running Man
Chen: was Fist of Legend a remake of Lee's film or was it a remake of Legend of a fighter with Leung Kar Yan? I'm not sure which one came 1st, but Leung's movie was much better than Bruce's.

Fist of Legend was a remake of Fist of Fury. Legend of a Fighter was simply the story of Fok Yun Gap (Huo Yuan Jia), the amster who is dead at the start of both Fist of Fury and Fist of Legend. Fok Yun Gap was the same character Jet Li played in Fearless.

And just to note, Yuen Wo Ping directed Legend of a Fighter. I think it's one the top martial arts films ever made.

Chinatown Kid: not all of the shaw artists were opera trained. Case in point - Leung Kar Yan had no MA skills, but he fooled everybody - myself included. I don't think D. Chiang had any skills either.

That's right...but he was a very rare exception. He was a born natural. Not everyone is.

If you want to see how Edison Chan looks when he's fighting on screen, then seek out Gen Y Cops.

Better yet...don't. ;)

Archived