5 Deadly Venoms Movie Remake - Exciting Developments

Guest The Silent Flute

Guest The Silent Flute

It's probaby too soon to say hey. ''The New 5 Venoms'' movies is going to have a nice looking

cast but ''hey'' the New Five Venoms Remake has a nice looking cast. Promising at least in

appearance. Celestial pictures announced that in their remake of the Cult Film Classic of the

Original ''Five Deadly Venoms'' (Circa 1978) That Jay Chow, Edison Chen, Maggie Q, Hiang'

Xiao Ming and Wu Jing are slated to play the five venoms While Gordon Liu plays The Master.

It's supposedly going to take place in the walls of a contemporary ''ficticious city''.

I included some pictures of the 5 That are scheduled to play The Five venoms.

There is a girl there. It is possible that they are going to make the role of the Snake back to

a Woman which was the way it was originally written in the 1st Five Deadly Venoms Script.

As we know it that role was filled by ''Wei Pai''. I cant find myself Objecting to to Maggie Q.

Also there is to be an introduction of a new character in the film ''The Spider Lady''

1 Edison Chen.jpg

Edison Chen

2 Hiang Xiao Ming.jpg

Hiang Xiao Ming

3 Jay Chow.jpg

Jay Chow

4 Maggie Q.jpg

Maggie Q

5 Wu Jing.jpg

Wu Jing

Master.jpg

O' i think you know who...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest oldeschool17

it would be great if the original cast members made cameo's(with exception of Chiang Sheng for obvious reasons). I dunno what to think about this though. talk about big shoes to fill. Id love to see a trailer for this. If Gordon Liu plays in this, wont it be a non-fighting role for him?

Guest kungfusamurai

They could change The Master character to give him a few fight scenes, perhaps showing him training the 'Chiang Sheng' character, even though Dick Wei didn't do any fighting in the original.

KFS

Guest monk sante

I'm not going to hold my breath on this one................I'll stick with the original thank you. :rolleyes

Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Ohh nooo. Looks more like the "5 Pretty Venoms". Nothing too deadly looking there. And wtf is up with that top picture, is that is a dude!?! :rolleyes

Guest The Silent Flute

It's good to remake this film because what will happen is that more people will be exposed to the films

of shaw brothers because of this movie. Also a lot of people will remember the first film.

This is Wu Jing and Lau Kar Leung Wu Jing3.jpg

Guest THE BASTARD

Well what do you guys expect for Lo Mang, Kuo Chi, and Wei Pai to appear in the film as the 5 Venoms

again... One of them is missing and another one is long since dead. 5 Venoms was a time and this is a

new one. With all repsect guys if you dont want to see ''5 Pretty Venoms'' dont. I on the other hand will

be the first to buy the 3 DVD set, with Lenticular laser etched cover, Stickers, a T-shirt offer for a free 2

liter of pepsi.

It's a different time. This movie is powered by youth it's all good and we are lucky it's happening.

Guest peringaten

I like ugly opera-trained people and the like with real skills kicking ass and dark plottings. I wonder what this film will present that I'll like?

I'll give it the benefit of the doubt until I see it, but can't persuade myself to think of it as anything other than curiosity until. My slaverish expectations are more rocking for remasters than retakes.

Guest Markgway

Apart from the thought of seeing the foxy Maggie Q in a Venoms movie... I have no interest on this whatsoever....... and Edison Chen (God of Actors) is not my idea of a leading Kung Fu hero, thanks.

Guest oldeschool17
I on the other hand will

be the first to buy the 3 DVD set, with Lenticular laser etched cover, Stickers, a T-shirt offer for a free 2

liter of pepsi.

It's a different time. This movie is powered by youth it's all good and we are lucky it's happening.

Please tell me you are kidding. How exactly are we lucky that this is happening? Im a believer in somethings are best left untouched. Do any of these actors have a background in martial arts or are they fresh off the singing/modeling circuit?

Guest Graeme Noble

If Wu Jing stars then this is at least some good news, as long as it's nothing like the abysmal Drunken Monkey.

Guest monk sante
I like ugly opera-trained people and the like with real skills kicking ass and dark plottings.

I agree 100%! :rollin

Guest THE BASTARD
Please tell me you are kidding. How exactly are we lucky that this is happening?

Your alive your lucky anything is happening. To answer you more specifically i think the movie will expose

thousands upon thousands of people to Shaw Brothers legacy. I am all for it because i want other people

to feel the magic like i did when i first stumbled upon such memorable times. For me i introduce anyone

i can to the films i have because i know plain and simple that it's a world FILLED with intrigue.

Good Luck NEW Guys!

Guest oldeschool17

Your optimism surely exceeds my expectations in this film. You should work for celestial in thier advertising dept. ;)

Guest Lei Kung

I doubt that any fresh sap that sees this version with its fancy, high budget sets and special effects will turn around and enjoy (or even sit through) the original.

Guest ironfistedmonk2003

Yep I agree, it seems its about style over substance these days and even the style is poorly done. The only sector of the Hong Kong movie scene doing well is the hair department, if you have good hair you get to be a movie star! I'll take some ugly @#%$ with great kung fu skills over any of these magnificently coiffured "pop stars" any day of the week

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
I doubt that any fresh sap that sees this version with its fancy, high budget sets and special effects will turn around and enjoy (or even sit through) the original.

EXACTLY. And if it sucks, it may actually keep people away from the classics. I do hope it will be great, but I cant see it happening.

Archived