The Master

Challenge of the Masters

Martial Club

The Deadly Duo

The Brave Archer

The Ten Tigers of Kwangtung

Black Magic 2

Flag of Iron

Expect more info on extras and the like at the upcoming Phillyfest in August where some more announcements will be made.Let the wait begin.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Austin Jones

Wow, I guess it pays to check the site regularly. Awesome, awesome starting lineup! :D

Austin Jones

Guest killer meteor

Good titles. Let us hope they get the Cantonese mono tracks where possible and since they have Heroes Two, I hope they can include the "Three Styles of the Hung Fist" at the start of the film.

BTW, if they are converting from PAL to NTSC, it'd be good if they could find out how to properly convert the PAL masters to NTSC, unlike the HK or Image DVDs

The best of luck to them!

can't say much Meteor, but everything you mention has been brought up by myself. BTW, to be clear, this is something I'm very hands on as opposed to the Image discs. The films were picked via a list I sent of my top 20 Shaw films and I gave them info on the correct language tracks, cuts (and long missing footage), NTSC problems, etc. This was so it could all be written into the contract for these releases. I think you'll all be VERY happy with upcoming news on the specs of these titles. I went to a lot of effort to make sure that we get correct releases, and I hope they surpass what's been seen so far.

Maybe there's hope after all for original mono sound releases of:

The Deadly Duo

The Brave Archer

The Ten Tigers of Kwangtung

Also nice to see they picked up Black Magic 2.

Excellent news. I'll buy them. Hey I've bought all of the Image releases so far why wouldn't I buy these.

Perhaps eventually, with enough releases, I can have a legitimate release of The Brave Archer with original Mandarin mono and the original English dub.

Guest oldeschool17

oh wow. nice. If Flag of Iron is english dubbed, ill have to double dip . I think ill skip out the IVL release of Five Element Ninjas for the Media Blaster release as well. I just hope we dont have to wait too long. Thanks Linn!

Guest drunkenmantis13

Oh boy, that's awesome! :eek

Top notch list, and it seems much more plausible of Media Blasters to cooperate with you and hear fans out unlike Image. Linn, i guess you'll get to do a few liner notes or maybe more on these?

How come i dreamed of/guessed about 5EN? That's crazy!

About it too, if they could pull this out before the IVL in october they'd get HUGE sales...

Madness.

Guest drunkenmantis13

Also, i always thought Martial Club was with Dragon Dynasty...is it not?

Are they really releasing them under the Tokyo Shock banner? Was already weird to me with 7 Grandmasters, and now all the Shaws too?

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Great news! A powerful starting line-up. Looking forward to what languages and extras are on the discs. How many titles will MB be releasing in total?

Guest vengeanceofhumanlanterns

Pretty damn fine list of first releases right there. Right on Media Blasters!

Guest chen lung

...lookin' great! Celestial's framecuts and occassional snipping is annoying, but I can look forward to real releases where Media Blasters can at least bring out the best in something half-assed :) .

For the films sped-up by Celestial (like 'Secret Service Of The Imperial Court'), I hope this won't apply.

And you're right Linn, there is a shocking load of titles missed out on the DD deal. I did suggest a few right enough :) .

Guest Mantis FIST

If those come with the english dubs then I will for sure get all of them! Never seen "Black Magic 2" so that will be nice. I was hoping to see "Men from the Monastery" instead of "Heroes Two", but ohh well! Glad to see the Lau films on there. I love both of those ones! Martial club is really great!

Guest GwaiLoMoFo
The films were picked via a list I sent of my top 20 Shaw films and I gave them info on the correct language tracks, cuts (and long missing footage), NTSC problems, etc.

Damn fine work Linn!! Thankyou for all your continued efforts supporting/promoting this genre (and us fans!). You're a hell of an asset to this forum.

Now my only issue with these new R1 releases is trying to get rid of my Celestials. :lol

until the Phillyfest, but I can say, I think you all will be very happy. And yes, FAR more from me than just liner notes on these.

Guest Markgway

Great news, Linn.

I'll probably still pick up the IVL of Five Elements Ninjas (unless the MB comes out first) -- but it'll be cool to finally get anamorphic/Mandarin mono editions of Heroes Two, The Deadly Duo, and The Brave Archer.

Guest killer meteor

All of these are worth the upgrade should everything go to plan. Been waiting for a decent Deadly Duo and Martial Club for eons

Guest The Running Man

Linn, if you have any contact whatsoever with Media Blasters, can you please let them know that many fans out there care about the quality of subtitles and that they should hire translators for these films to retranslate the subs. Not some guy proofreading it, I mean actually hire a person who speaks Chinese and have them redo the English translations.

Media Blasters has a very high standard of translations for their Japanese releases and I really don't think this should be an exception whatsoever.

Guest drunkenmantis13
And yes, FAR more from me than just liner notes on these.

That's pretty cool. Maybe finally some worthy commentaries or documentaries/interviews!!

Totally agree with subs too. If they can not only correct errors but change what's totally incorrect/wrong meaning with the current subs it'll be great!

Guest venomchamber

Budha's name be praised!

An outstanding line-up of 1st class titles! :D

(*Somehow I knew they'd waste no time getting BLACK MAGIC PART 2!)

But still, its a long time coming...

What's more, between these superior DD and MB releases, Image may as well give up at this point! They've clearly dropped the ball...

...and everyone else has picked it up and ran with it, leaving Image in the dust! Hopefully they've learned something from this.

Archived