Go For Broke (2024) - Nick Cheung, Ethan Juan, Marc Ma

laagi

Someday Cheung will receive an award for "worst wigs" in a movie!? Anyway, the trailer looks OK I guess. Marc Ma's last directorial effort was 'Wolf Hiding' and lord knows how that turned out...

• Like 1

Yihetuan

Even worse than the wig is his acting. What happened to this guy? He showed such promise in his early roles but seems to have gone downhill since THAT DEMON WITHIN.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Yihetuan said:

Even worse than the wig is his acting. What happened to this guy? He showed such promise in his early roles but seems to have gone downhill since THAT DEMON WITHIN.

I admit I actually enjoyed 'That Demon Within' despite its obvious flaws. Probably the worst I've watched him in was 'The Trough'. But yeah I tend to agree he's been having more quantity over quality for quite some time now.

Yihetuan
46 minutes ago, laagi said:

I admit I actually enjoyed 'That Demon Within' despite its obvious flaws. Probably the worst I've watched him in was 'The Trough'. But yeah I tend to agree he's been having more quantity over quality for quite some time now.

The Trough was absolutely horrible. I can't believe I went to see that in the theater & sat through the entire thing. What's the HK equivalent of the raspberry awards? I know the Mainlanders have the Golden Broom but whatever the HK equivalent is Nick Cheung should win the lifetime achievement award just for that performance alone.

• Haha 1

Yihetuan
1 hour ago, laagi said:

Holy shit they sure as hell ain't holding back with the violence.

All the scenes of the pervasive drug activity used to be even more verboten than the violence but if this film also couples that with over the top violence as shown in the first trailer and this one, then I'm definitely intrigued. I still haven't watched the other film starring this trio, Wolf Hiding based on @laagi's negative review but I might check it out soon just to prepare me for Marc Ma's directing style.

Super Ninja
8 hours ago, laagi said:

Holy shit they sure as hell ain't holding back with the violence.

OK, now you got me interested.