Jeet Kune Do movies after Bruce Lee?

TerraVail

Question

TerraVail

Looking for movies with Jeet Kune Do being used as the main style of either the main character, main antagonist or some other predominate character utilizing the art.
I know of the various Bruceploitation movies, especially Bruce Li's/Ho Chung Tao's, feature it to an extent and I know that Togo Ishii plays the villain of Tak Sakaguchi's One Percent Fighter uses it since it's he is a master of the art in real life.

9 answers to this question

If anything there was an abundance of self-proclaimed masters of the Art and MA schools popping up like mushrooms.

It's a sensitive topic as even real students of Lee still can't agree upon their masters teaching.

As for movies it's actually a very interesting topic. I can't say that there's a movie that uses Lee's style exclusively. Usually it's just a Lee-esque character. Probably that's the closest you'll get to.

However, Brandon Lee uses this style of fighting in 'Rapid Fire' if I'm not mistaken.

Sorry I can't be of any real help here. Good luck with your search.

@One Armed Boxer would you agree to 'Once Upon a Time in High School' being a Jeet Kune Do movie too?

Drunken Monk
2 hours ago, laagi said:

However, Brandon Lee uses this style of fighting in 'Rapid Fire' if I'm not mistaken.

You're not mistaken. I watched it last weeked and yup, lots of JKD in there.

• Like 1

One Armed Boxer
2 hours ago, laagi said:

@One Armed Boxer would you agree to 'Once Upon a Time in High School' being a Jeet Kune Do movie too?

100%.

Would also add ‘No Retreat, No Surrender’ as well, and who can forget Dr. Z’s 2019 masterpiece ‘Gung Fu, JKD & MMA’.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, One Armed Boxer said:

100%.

Would also add ‘No Retreat, No Surrender’ as well, and who can forget Dr. Z’s 2019 masterpiece ‘Gung Fu, JKD & MMA’.

Posted (edited)
On 8/5/2024 at 6:59 PM, One Armed Boxer said:

100%.

I'm wondering if either of our picks would count though if strictly going by

On 8/4/2024 at 10:03 PM, TerraVail said:

Jeet Kune Do being used as the main style

Because aren't these films just emulating Lee's mannerism? While yes at the same time using his style. 

Honestly I think 'Rapid Fire' might be the best pick if going by the usage of 'Jeet Kune Do' as a Martial Art.

Probably goes to show that the man, the myth and the legend can barely be seperated from his own style of MA.

Edited by laagi

PandaPawPaw

Spike from Cowboy Bebop (yes I know it's Anime) uses JKD.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
5 minutes ago, laagi said:

I'm pretty sure I've talked about this in another thread. Definitely Bruceploitation IMHO.

JeetKuneDo+2010-1-b.jpg

Why does Bruce Liang look like he has a dead Red Panda on his head? :P

• Haha 1