Sweetpea (2024) Sky - Ella Purnell

laagi

Ella Purnell creeps me the fuck out with these big almost unnatural eyes. But I guess that's just me. Teaser looks interesting though. Still need to check out 'Fallout'.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Ella Purnell creeps me the fuck out with these big almost unnatural eyes. But I guess that's just me. Teaser looks interesting though. Still need to check out 'Fallout'.

That looks good. :thumbsup

Wait so her eyes/face is actually how she looks or have they been touched up a bit? They give me Battle Angel Alita vibes. Like the bit at 0.18s looks oddly CGI-ish?

EDIT: Googled her and her eyes sometimes look way less bulbus and sometimes very big. She cute though.

Edited by PandaPawPaw

Trailer is out and I actually kind of dig it! Might check it out since it's only a mini-series.

Need some inspiration to unleash my inner serial killer as well, wait who said that :lipssealed

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
3 hours ago, laagi said:

Trailer is out and I actually kind of dig it! Might check it out since it's only a mini-series.

Need some inspiration to unleash my inner serial killer as well, wait who said that :lipssealed

Dayum, Battle Angel Alita turned into a bit of a murderous cow!

68747470733a2f2f73332e616d617a6f6e617773

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw

A very enjoyable first episode and I can't wait till she goes totally loco! Ella Purnell is great in this and plays a character you want to root for!

Her eyes are so BIG!

1.thumb.jpg.0976329b4a0d34c9313d3fe31252687b.jpg

@laagi You checked this out yet?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PandaPawPaw said:

A very enjoyable first episode and I can't wait till she goes totally loco! Ella Purnell is great in this and plays a character you want to root for!

Her eyes are so BIG!

1.thumb.jpg.0976329b4a0d34c9313d3fe31252687b.jpg

@laagi You checked this out yet?

Not yet will do so tonight... We do love those BIG... uhm eyes, yeah that's the one!?

• Haha 1

Good stuff! Took me a hot minute to get in sync with the exaggerated plot though. But after that I was fully committed and on board with Rhiannon.

No-one should be this shit out of luck and followed by one mishap after another. Also I sincerely hope nobody has to endure this level of invisibility!? Then again we're humans and we suck, so...

Ella Purnell is fantastic as our leading lady here. I haven't really been following her career but if anything this could and probably should be her calling card for future thriller/horror projects. I mean she still creeps me the fuck out (as mentioned above).

Let's see where the rest is going. Good setup with episode one and looking forward to more murders lol.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
12 hours ago, laagi said:

Good stuff! Took me a hot minute to get in sync with the exaggerated plot though. But after that I was fully committed and on board with Rhiannon.

No-one should be this shit out of luck and followed by one mishap after another. Also I sincerely hope nobody has to endure this level of invisibility!? Then again we're humans and we suck, so...

Ella Purnell is fantastic as our leading lady here. I haven't really been following her career but if anything this could and probably should be her calling card for future thriller/horror projects. I mean she still creeps me the fuck out (as mentioned above).

Let's see where the rest is going. Good setup with episode one and looking forward to more murders lol.

My favourite bit was

Spoiler

at the end where she finally let out a huge roar and won't be silenced any more!

Those mean girls must die too!

Also her boss is a total fucktard! The way he kept throwing his coat on her pissed me off!

1966799_orig.gif

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

My favourite bit was

Reveal hidden contents

at the end where she finally let out a huge roar and won't be silenced any more!

Those mean girls must die too!

Also her boss is a total fucktard! The way he kept throwing his coat on her pissed me off!

1966799_orig.gif

Spoiler

That roar actually gave me goosebumps. She delivered that so damn well!

The entire "coat throwing" was a bit too on the nose for my taste. But it's a dark comedy afterall, so exaggeration is to be expected I guess.

The random murder at the end was pretty funny actually.

• Like 1

@laagi You still watching? :D

I've gone from really liking it to thinking it all a bit meh now. On ep 4 and it's a bit of a mess. Sweetpea becomes a bit unlikeable after ep 2 and I'm fed up of her constant blaming everyone else for her problems (not excusing the bullies and stuff) as at some point you have to stick up for yourself!

I have no idea where the last 2 eps will go but yeah it's not as amazing as I thought back in ep 1 though I do like the OP song.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi You still watching? :D

I've gone from really liking it to thinking it all a bit meh now. On ep 4 and it's a bit of a mess. Sweetpea becomes a bit unlikeable after ep 2 and I'm fed up of her constant blaming everyone else for her problems (not excusing the bullies and stuff) as at some point you have to stick up for yourself!

I have no idea where the last 2 eps will go but yeah it's not as amazing as I thought back in ep 1 though I do like the OP song.

I'm still watching finished episode 3 and still enjoying it. But I can already foresee that ultimately I won't remember this show in t-1day. That's not to say it's bad or anything. Probably still better than most of the shite we get nowadays.

However, aside from Purnell's great performance, some nice cinematography and a few good laughs, 'Sweetpea" is just not that special. Unfortunately!

From what I've gathered though the ending must really deliver? So maybe my final verdict will be more favorable. I shall see...

Edited by laagi
  • Like 1