Venoms Pre-Orders: Golden Arm / Ruffians / Shaolin Rescuers

Guest Shaolin Patriot

Guest Shaolin Patriot

For those of you who like to pre-order early, HK Flix has the upcoming IVL releases: Kid With the Golden Arm, Magnificent Ruffians and Shaolin Rescuers listed online. Note: don't go by the product specs., since they seem to be taken from previous releases. However, they don't yet have either Life Gamble or House of Traps listed.

www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542576/qx/details.htm

www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542577/qx/details.htm

www.hkflix.com/xq/asp/filmID.542578/qx/details.htm

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest GwaiLoMoFo

Do not order from HKFlix if you want to get your them in a timely manner. HKflix does not get their IVL's in stock untill AFTER release dates. Even if you pre-order, it will not even ship until 7-10 buisness days after release date. Took me over 2 weeks (after release date) to get my copy of Killer Constable (Shipped from Ca, Im in WA). Which is strange because when I order from any other outlet I have them WITHIN 1 week from release. I gave HKFlix a try after I had issues with cd-wow. Never again.

Guest oldeschool17

it clearly states when you order that it can take 4-10 days(hkflix). They arent deliberatly trying to cheat you out. Speaking of cdwow, didnt alot of people have issues with them roughly a month ago? Who can attest that they are back to shipping new releases in a timely manner? Another alternative is dddhouse, but i could have sworn i read in another thread that their transit time at worst can take up to 7-10 days? Im suprised it took you 2 weeks to arrive being as you are alot closer to their warehouse than me(im in Atlanta,GA). When i did the preorder thing for Masked Avengers, it came to me in 7 days. The 36 Chambers(Dragon Dynasty) came to me in 3 days upon release. I dunno, luck of the draw i guess

Guest Poelie

I ordered Valley of the Fangs on 6/10 and Killer Constable on 6/14. Nothing so far. Send them an email and got an answer:

Unfortunately, we have experienced a slight delay in receiving these products from our suppliers and we are currently expecting it to be dispatched on the following date:

7/6/2007.

Patience.....

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I have no patience. When the new batch of Celestials are released, I want them at my doorstep ASAP which is why I only use DDDhouse. I should be paid for advertising them so much but honestly guys, they are the best!

Guest sikmao

yeah, i'm with you on the "no patience" thing, Ivy! i've done my last order with cdwow & i'm STILL WAITNG for my dang movies!!! it'll be dddhouse from now on!

Ivy, have you already got July 5th's releases on pre-order?

Guest BKarza

I have yet to ever see, hear of, or experiece any problems what-so-ever with pre orders or just relesed titles with DDDHouse or Sensasian. No back orders. No delays. Nothing.

This whole 4 month ahead pre-ordering thing is pretty funny. Won't be cheaper or faster than DDDHouse. They are right in HK. They get it in and boom, it's shipped. I either come here, or check the schedule for the week before and I'm in. If I want something later, I can get it from ethaicd. This is funny.

Guest Live Wire

I´m also waiting for my copys of Dragon Missile and Six Assassins. cd-wow answer was this one:

Unfortunately, we have experienced a delay in receiving these products fromour suppliers and we are currently expecting it to be dispatched on June 29, 2007.

That is today but still not dispatched.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I will be very upset by now if I am still waiting for The Dragon Missile since the new batch is coming in a few days. Try DDDhouse guys. You will be pleased with Johnny's service. Yesasia at its fastest could only ship out the newly-released Celestials to me on Friday, a day after the expected release date. But Johnny ships them out on Thursday evening itself around 6pm. Best service I would say. Try him guys!

Guest oldeschool17

Ivy,

Just for reference points for people that are unaware, how fast does it take for dddhouse to ship a new release to you(if you could state the state you are in, that would be good). Im considering going with dddhouse for my new releases if its that much of an improvement.

Speaking of cdwow, didnt alot of people have issues with them roughly a month ago? Who can attest that they are back to shipping new releases in a timely manner?

I can attest CDWOW is NOT back up to speed.

They told me they had supplier problems and although I ordered as soon as they listed them, the most recent batch will not be available until today (the 29th) when they might ship it.

Haven't gotten the notices yet.

DDDhouse does ship faster, but CD WOW's prices are cheaper at $9.95 a DVD with free shipping. I don't have to have the DVDs as soon as they come out, so I don't mind waiting to get them from CD WOW.

Guest Ivy Ling Po

I am in Malaysia. DDDhouse ships my Celestials out on Thursdays and I get them at my doorstep on Monday morning before noon. Isn't that great?

That's great if you live in Malaysia, but I don't live in Malaysia, so that's not so great for me. Like I said I don't mind waiting on CD WOW and their prices are great. I have alot of other things to keep me occupied while I wait for the DVDs.

Guest oldeschool17

That is good. However, you have the advantage of being on the same continent as dddhouse. Id imagine the average transit time to the States is 7-10 days. Who else on here buys from dddhouse and lives in the States? Post up yer transit times~!

Guest oldeschool17

ok so going by peoples transit times, hkflix and dddhouse are roughly the same(in regards to the new ivl releases). However, I will say it looks like dddhouse has the better price(cost+shipping) overall.

Does anybody know how if the dragon dynasty coupons will work for the hkflix or dddhouse?

Guest tarim69

I use Yesasia and always get my DVDs in 2 or 3 days.

I have concerns about Ruffians. I have a version I taped of Fox before it was FOX back in the early 80s. When it replayed on the old Philadelphis TAF there were quite a few scenes not in the version I had.

After Chinatown Kid, Im always nervous about what will and wont be in the print they use.

Ruffians and prob Kid w/ Golden Arm for me.

Guest tigerstyles

yeah CDWOW is facing some major delays due to the fire maybe?

i have yet toreceive 4 titles ordered a while ago i had to contact them to see what was goin on a nd they said like Livewire delays from suppliers so i might give them a miss fora month so they get back on there feet..

Guest BKarza

"I have concerns about Ruffians. I have a version I taped of Fox before it was FOX back in the early 80s. When it replayed on the old Philadelphis TAF there were quite a few scenes not in the version I had"

I wouldn't use that as a reference. When chan. 29 had 5 Venoms, they pretty much completely chopped up and off the end fight. When Philly 57 got the package, they showed the ending. Diff. channels will cut in diff. places for various reasons.(to fit within 2 hours, various places for commercial breaks, etc)

Archived