The Sopranos (1999 - 2007) HBO - James Gandolfini

laagi

4 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

After her time on Sopranos, she had a main role in the Friends spin-off Joey which didn't last long. She also had a role in the remake of Assault on Precinct 13, as well as a key role in Sons of Anarchy. Lately she was in that Ray Liotta cop show.

So she did get the work. I think the reason she doesn't get much these days as apparently she's a bit of a conspiracy nut.

Only remembered her from SOA actually as Jax Teller's (Charlie Hunnam) girlfriend. Pretty much a copy&paste job from her previous work on 'The Sopranos'.

Drunken Monk
7 minutes ago, laagi said:

Talking about equality when it comes to shit like this or is there any "famous" man who earns close to a cool mil teasing his rooster!?

I think a few male "Influencers" might have Only Fans accounts. Those "Island Boys" dudes had one after they came out as gay, but I'm not sure that's still around. Also, no one really knows who the fuck the Island Boys are so they're not considered celebs. Plus, they're brothers and once made out with each other. So...

Also, women seem to have more common sense than men and don't spend their hard earned cash on looking at dick pics. Men are far more inclined to want to see ladies in the buff, because we're pervs.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

AlbertV
Posted (edited)

My brother and sister-in-law got me hooked on the show when it first aired. I enjoyed every episode and to this day,  I still quote some great one-liners:

"There's an old Italian saying: You f**k up once,  you lose 2 teeth".

"I stick motherf**kin' provolone in my socks so they smell like your sister's crotch in the morning."

"I'm King Midas in reverse. Everything I touch turns to shit."

And someone named Lady Gaga made her debut in a small role in one episode on the show (credited under her real name).

Edited by AlbertV
  • Haha 2

CaldoTheKid
4 hours ago, laagi said:

Only remembered her from SOA actually as Jax Teller's (Charlie Hunnam) girlfriend. Pretty much a copy&paste job from her previous work on 'The Sopranos'.

Yeah I believe at one point they even reference her character from Sopranos on SOA. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AlbertV said:

And someone named Lady Gaga made her debut in a small role in one episode on the show (credited under her real name).

Season 3, Episode 9 in case any one is wondering ;) I just finished S02 so I'm still in for this little treat I guess lol.

I'm halfway through S03 and fully on board now with 'The Sopranos'. This show is so fucking good, marone!

Funny enough S03 is one of the lowest rated seasons but I find myself enjoying it the most so far.

They really stepped up the game in terms of violence and some truly degenerate shit. Really triggers emotions in oneself and I love that. Whether good or bad but it takes something to do that.

Also I'm far less annoyed by some of the supporting characters as I was in S01 and S02 which is either me being acquainted by their behavior or them actually having character development. I'm pretty sure it's the latter.

Gandolfini's portrayal of a mobster boss has got to be one of the greatest performances ever put on a TV screen. This guy is fucking Tony Soprano.

If anyone else out there has any doubt to check this one out do yourself a favor and watch this asap!

CaldoTheKid
32 minutes ago, laagi said:

Funny enough S03 is one of the lowest rated seasons but I find myself enjoying it the most so far.

Interesting where did you hear Season 3 was the lowest rated seasons? In my personal experience it's usually rated as one of the best, or at least high up the food chain.

14 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Interesting where did you hear Season 3 was the lowest rated seasons? In my personal experience it's usually rated as one of the best, or at least high up the food chain.

reddit but that might have been just one sub lol. 

CaldoTheKid
2 hours ago, laagi said:

reddit but that might have been just one sub lol. 

Shows you how inactive I've been on reddit these days, on The Sopranos sub it used to be ranked highly 

25 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Shows you how inactive I've been on reddit these days, on The Sopranos sub it used to be ranked highly 

Sub-reddits have turned into some cult like shit. Every time you voice an opinion that's critical of the fandom they'll turn on you like a bunch of wolves! It's at a really ridiculous level now.

I really wonder what the average age of a reddit user is but A LOT of them behave like a bunch of little kids. It's really annoying if you just want to have a quality conversation even if it's just about a piece of entertainment.

• Like 1

When Tony's mom is in the hospital there's a Kung Fu film on the TV playing in the background, maybe Channel 5. I don't remember what episode but pay attention 😃

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
4 hours ago, Django said:

When Tony's mom is in the hospital there's a Kung Fu film on the TV playing in the background, maybe Channel 5. I don't remember what episode but pay attention 😃

I recall in a later season Tony is in hospital, he's watching Carradine's Kung Fu and recalls he watched it as a kid.

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
5 hours ago, laagi said:

Sub-reddits have turned into some cult like shit. Every time you voice an opinion that's critical of the fandom they'll turn on you like a bunch of wolves! It's at a really ridiculous level now.

I really wonder what the average age of a reddit user is but A LOT of them behave like a bunch of little kids. It's really annoying if you just want to have a quality conversation even if it's just about a piece of entertainment.

The Sopranos sub used to be good, but then somebody would attempt to start a conversation and everybody would just quote the show.

To be honest I don't think the age matters, it's just a lot of them aren't intelligent. The Antiwork sub went viral a few years back, the mod went on Fox news and the reporter didn't really try, but the mod still managed to make sink the entire sub lol. Type in Doreen Ford Fox news if you want a laugh.

35 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

The Sopranos sub used to be good, but then somebody would attempt to start a conversation and everybody would just quote the show.

To be honest I don't think the age matters, it's just a lot of them aren't intelligent. The Antiwork sub went viral a few years back, the mod went on Fox news and the reporter didn't really try, but the mod still managed to make sink the entire sub lol. Type in Doreen Ford Fox news if you want a laugh.

White Rabbit GIF

BTW, I couldn't help but wonder if actress Drea de Matteo (Adriana) either played herself or used her role(s) (SOA) as a blue print for her own life. I mean everything I've heard and read so far... I mean damn! It's hard not to see the similarities and have a good laugh about it. Yeah, I'm a dick!

CaldoTheKid
2 minutes ago, laagi said:

BTW, I couldn't help but wonder if actress Drea de Matteo (Adriana) either played herself or used her role(s) (SOA) as a blue print for her own life. I mean everything I've heard and read so far... I mean damn! It's hard not to see the similarities and have a good laugh about it. Yeah, I'm a dick!

No idea but I recall she has/had a podcast. Never listened to it myself, but recall reading comments wondering if her Adriana role was really acting or just her playing herself.

13 hours ago, CaldoTheKid said:

No idea but I recall she has/had a podcast. Never listened to it myself, but recall reading comments wondering if her Adriana role was really acting or just her playing herself.

She's in good company look what happened to the Kid of 'A Bronx Tale'...

CaldoTheKid
10 hours ago, laagi said:

She's in good company look what happened to the Kid of 'A Bronx Tale'...

Funnily enough not long after his stint on the show they did a movie together called R Xmas. They played a couple, he was a drug dealer who gets kidnapped by Ice-T, and she has 24 hours or so to sell enough dope to fund his release.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

I'm now half way through S04 and just when I thought that I couldn't hate one character more the producers do me a solid. Thanks guys lol.

I'm talking of course about Janice... God I hate her so much I literally just want her to die. Yeah I'm a horrible person!

At least with all the other characters you know they're all a bunch of scumbags with no honor (although they love to talk about it constantly).

BTW, regarding Lady Gaga's appearance I actually had to go back to find her as I didn't recognize her like at all! She's one of the girls in above mentioned episode (S03E09) watching AJ and his little buddies at the pool. She's come a long way I'll tell ya that!

@PandaPawPaw I actually find AJ far less infuriating than Meadow. Although that's really not saying much.

If there's a point for general criticism about 'The Sopranos' I personally have...

I find that quite a few of the sub-plots which get somewhat re-solved seem to just collectively disappear out of everyone's memory and life, as to never be mentioned again. Which is a bit odd truth be told.

I mean c'mon, I'm sure not everyone in Jersey suffers from a case of early dementia or maybe just people connected to the mob I guess; Fuhgeddaboudit!

It feels at times unfulfilling to watch these sub-plots come to pass the way they do. I don't wanna go into spoilers so I'm just keeping it vague. But some characters "join" the Federal Witness Protection Program as to never be talked about again and everyone seems totally fine by that incl. their relatives.

Anyway, I'm still hooked for the most part and can't wait how it all plays out...

Edited by laagi

CaldoTheKid

Did anyone else play this back in the day? Seemed like they were trying to cash in on Grand Theft Auto, but you couldn't run about freely, like in The Godfather game

Screenshot_20240731-122102_Chrome.jpg

PandaPawPaw
46 minutes ago, CaldoTheKid said:

Did anyone else play this back in the day? Seemed like they were trying to cash in on Grand Theft Auto, but you couldn't run about freely, like in The Godfather game

I never even knew there was a game!

1 hour ago, CaldoTheKid said:

I've heard about it before, did you play it? Probably a stinker with a license as many of these are. I remember 'The Godfather' game being pretty good actually.

But I think it's fair to say that the original Mafia game is still one of the best if not THE BEST mob game ever made. I played the remaster a couple of times too but wasn't really fond about how they changed the look, voices and some of the characters.

Any other mobster game that comes to mind worth playing?

There's the entire Yakuza franchise and also 'Sleeping Dogs' if you want that eastern flavor I guess.

• Like 1

CaldoTheKid
15 hours ago, laagi said:

I've heard about it before, did you play it? Probably a stinker with a license as many of these are. I remember 'The Godfather' game being pretty good actually.

But I think it's fair to say that the original Mafia game is still one of the best if not THE BEST mob game ever made. I played the remaster a couple of times too but wasn't really fond about how they changed the look, voices and some of the characters.

Any other mobster game that comes to mind worth playing?

There's the entire Yakuza franchise and also 'Sleeping Dogs' if you want that eastern flavor I guess.

I recall the Scarface game also made around the same time as being not bad.