The Sopranos (1999 - 2007) HBO - James Gandolfini

laagi

I'm finally gonna sit down and watch "the greatest TV show of all time" according to pretty much every source on the Internet. Coming in second you probably guessed it would be 'Breaking Bad' which I wholeheartedly agree is some of the best TV ha(d)s to offer!

Just wanted to see if any of my fellow FU friends have already watched this or plan to in the near future. If you have put your thoughts below (try to avoid spoilers). 

• Like 1

SunChien

I've binge-watched it many times and it's one of my favorites on HBO Max.

I'd probably rate Breaking Bad over it but your mileage may vary.

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

I saw some of the first series but stopped watching probably because I got interested in other stuff and never bothered to try it again thinking it was a really long series but having checked, it's only 86 eps!

I'll put it on my to watch list.

• Like 1

I'm now on season 2 and really enjoying it. Although I admittedly struggle with a lot of these characters. Because it's hard to have any sort of symphathy even for the ones not directly linked to the mob.

Because most if not all are just terrible people. But it kind of sums up the world perfectly I guess as we all have our faults. Some are more violent in nature than others. 

Anyway, is there a particular reason as to why there's barely any interviews with Gandolfini? There's the rumoured 60 minutes which seems to have been buried along with Hoffa for some reason lol.

• Like 2

PandaPawPaw
1 hour ago, laagi said:

I'm now on season 2 and really enjoying it. Although I admittedly struggle with a lot of these characters. Because it's hard to have any sort of symphathy even for the ones not directly linked to the mob.

Because most if not all are just terrible people. But it kind of sums up the world perfectly I guess as we all have our faults. Some are more violent in nature than others. 

Anyway, is there a particular reason as to why there's barely any interviews with Gandolfini? There's the rumoured 60 minutes which seems to have been buried along with Hoffa for some reason lol.

Yeah when I watched it back in the day, it was hard to like many of them from what I remember. I always felt sorry for Carmela as she had to go through a lot of shit. Her son got on my nerves.

There's a reddit thread about that 60min interview -

Then there's a link on the CBS site  - https://www.cbsnews.com/news/james-gandolfini-the-60-minutes-interview/ but that goes to Paramount+ which seems broken.

Seems like no one knows what happened to it.

• Like 1

The only good interview I found was this one:

https://archive.org/details/Actors_Studio_James_Gandolfini_WOC_Bravo_2004-10-17

I really wonder if Gandolfini in general was a rather seclusive person hence the lack of any interviews or if it's merely a testament of time that back then they wouldn't have to go suck every d*ck on late night TV. Then again Leno, Letterman, O'Brien and so on come to mind. 

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw

@laagi Have you seen this video of the Soprano kids interviewing Howie Mandel?

I'm not too familiar with Mandel but the video is ass backwards in that Howie did nothing wrong and instead it was the kids who were fucking annoying though it was mainly Robert Iler (Jamie didn't say much) who not only sucks as a host but used the whole interview as some sort of counselling session!

EjJwtzQVoAItQ9G.png

MobFu1972

I watched it originally when the pilot episode aired in 1999 and I was immediately hooked. I am a huge fan of crime movies and kung fu hence my screen name 🥋👊🔥👍🐉☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

• Buddha Bless You 1

5 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

@laagi Have you seen this video of the Soprano kids interviewing Howie Mandel?

I'm not too familiar with Mandel but the video is ass backwards in that Howie did nothing wrong and instead it was the kids who were fucking annoying though it was mainly Robert Iler (Jamie didn't say much) who not only sucks as a host but used the whole interview as some sort of counselling session!

EjJwtzQVoAItQ9G.png

Never go into sales my friend because you just made me NOT want to watch this lol.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, MobFu1972 said:

I watched it originally when the pilot episode aired in 1999 and I was immediately hooked. I am a huge fan of crime movies and kung fu hence my screen name 🥋👊🔥👍🐉☯️‼️‼️‼️‼️‼️

I've had my fair share or should I say moment where I couldn't get enough of mobster movies. 'The Sopranos' is a welcome return to that passion, one I clearly should've taken up sooner but whaddya gonna do!?

• Like 1

PandaPawPaw
10 minutes ago, laagi said:

Never go into sales my friend because you just made me NOT want to watch this lol.

28305d93-5f71-43be-8643-07ec5d9aa7f2_tex

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, PandaPawPaw said:

eah when I watched it back in the day, it was hard to like many of them from what I remember. I always felt sorry for Carmela as she had to go through a lot of shit. Her son got on my nerves.

Their daughter Meadow really's getting under my skin... Jesus f#cking christ man! 

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
2 hours ago, laagi said:

Their daughter Meadow really's getting under my skin... Jesus f#cking christ man! 

See what bad parenting can do!? If Tony and Carmela had just taught their kids some values then they wouldn't have gone into a life of bad podcast crimes!

• Haha 1

OF is a fucking cancer there I said it! Why does an actress still have to do this kind of shite.

• Confused 1

Drunken Monk
14 minutes ago, laagi said:

OF is a fucking cancer there I said it! Why does an actress still have to do this kind of shite.

Weirdly, I think she's a perfect example of how fucked up the industry is. After The Sopranos she seemingly got no work whatsoever (or at least stuff that I've seen). But since she was "the hot one" in the show, men still clamor to sign up to her Only Fans. She makes close to $800,000 a month on theere. Easy money.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Weirdly, I think she's a perfect example of how fucked up the industry is. After The Sopranos she seemingly got no work whatsoever (or at least stuff that I've seen). But since she was "the hot one" in the show, men still clamor to sign up to her Only Fans. She makes close to $800,000 a month on theere. Easy money.

Being a man myself I'm simply astonished on how cock-driven some of us are lol. Paying top dollar to some has been actress to show us her "goods" I mean WTF!? Oh and it gets even better in this case she's apparently showing NOTHING!

BTW, you can also pay me $500k on OF to show you my hairy ass. Thank you.

• Haha 2

PandaPawPaw
5 minutes ago, laagi said:

I'll pay you $500k not to show it. YUK!

9815b069-d910-40f2-bc4a-d15efc339b79_tex

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, PandaPawPaw said:

I'll pay you $500k not to show it. YUK!

9815b069-d910-40f2-bc4a-d15efc339b79_tex

Chocolate starfish coming your way honey...

Bounty Hunter Dog GIF by DefyTV

• Haha 1

PandaPawPaw
4 hours ago, laagi said:

D'oh I had no idea that video was about the link I posted as I've just watched it! Those pesky Soprano kids strike again!

They all seem like dumb fucks.

giphy.gif

CaldoTheKid
15 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

After her time on Sopranos, she had a main role in the Friends spin-off Joey which didn't last long. She also had a role in the remake of Assault on Precinct 13, as well as a key role in Sons of Anarchy. Lately she was in that Ray Liotta cop show.

So she did get the work. I think the reason she doesn't get much these days as apparently she's a bit of a conspiracy nut.

• Haha 1

Drunken Monk
1 hour ago, CaldoTheKid said:

After her time on Sopranos, she had a main role in the Friends spin-off Joey which didn't last long. She also had a role in the remake of Assault on Precinct 13, as well as a key role in Sons of Anarchy. Lately she was in that Ray Liotta cop show.

So she did get the work. I think the reason she doesn't get much these days as apparently she's a bit of a conspiracy nut.

That makes sense. I had no idea she was in Sons of Anarchy, Though, admittedly, I've only seen a little bit of the show.

Drunken Monk
14 hours ago, laagi said:

Being a man myself I'm simply astonished on how cock-driven some of us are lol. Paying top dollar to some has been actress to show us her "goods" I mean WTF!? Oh and it gets even better in this case she's apparently showing NOTHING!

Sadly, very true. Men will pay a shitload to see any attractive celeb or pseudo-celeb take their clothes off. There are a few celebs with Only Fans these days. While it's a sad state of affairs, it's a lucrative deal. The washed up rapper, Bhad Bhabie, who got her start on the Maury Show, just revealed that she's made something like $47 million from the platform, and I don't believe she does nudity either.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Drunken Monk said:

Sadly, very true. Men will pay a shitload to see any attractive celeb or pseudo-celeb take their clothes off. There are a few celebs with Only Fans these days. While it's a sad state of affairs, it's a lucrative deal. The washed up rapper, Bhad Bhabie, who got her start on the Maury Show, just revealed that she's made something like $47 million from the platform, and I don't believe she does nudity either.

Funny enough I never heard of her lol. OF seems to be a VERY lucrative side-hustle for these "celebrities". I'm pretty sure @PandaPawPaw mentioned something similar about a former UFC fighter (female).

Talking about equality when it comes to shit like this or is there any "famous" man who earns close to a cool mil teasing his rooster!?

Not now George Santos I'll get to you in a minute... sheesh.