5 Element Ninja as an upcoming Midnight Movie

Guest W Hong

Guest W Hong

Does it sound like a good idea if 5 Element Ninja should be shown as a Midnight Movie in a theatre? I'm talking about the uncut Chinese language version w/ English subtitles being shown, if available. I'm sorry if I talk about 5EN too much, but it's just one of the best HK/martial arts movies that I've ever seen. I saw the old english dubbed, Vista Home Video version that time. I first heard about 5EN while reading the book, "Martial Arts Movies: From Bruce Lee to the Ninjas". I think that book showed a photo from 5EN which had to w/ "ninjas doing a rope balancing trick" IIRC. At around the same, I remember seeing a movie poster for 5EN during the late '80's at one of The Wherehouse video stores. The poster said "Super Ninjas", I think, and it's just because of the old Vista Video version of course.

If that recent news from Celestial is true about "5 ELEMENT NINJA" FINALLY coming out on DVD(HK R3) this October, then maybe a trailer can be shown somewhere. then little by little, that might cause some interest for the midnight screenings and the DVD. then who knows what could happen after that. It sure looks like the Shaw fans want a chance to see the uncut HK version of 5EN in a big screen theatre somewhere at least. that would probably be their first time seeing that movie that way it seems. I know that 5EN is extremely bloody sometimes, but other similarly bloody movies probably had a U.S. release. So if somebody has U.S. rights to it, then that is definitely how I want to see 5EN. Maybe SF's 4 Star would at least show that movie.

• Replies 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived